- Volume 35 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Promotion Time in Environmental Temperature Test
내환경 온도시험의 촉진시간에 관한 연구
- Han, Chul-Ho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kumoh Nat'l Inst. Technology(KIT)) ;
- Kim, Kyoung-Hoon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kumoh Nat'l Inst. Technology(KIT)) ;
- Kim, Hyoung-Eui (Reliability Assesment Center, Korea Inst. of Machinery and Materials(KIMM))
- Received : 2010.08.30
- Accepted : 2011.01.05
- Published : 2011.03.01
A new method to predict the proper promotion time on the near-step-temperature test profile when heating or cooling the test-piece in a test chamber to the test temperature for environmental tests has been proposed by using the lumped analysis. For a given test condition the analysis shows the existence of a promotion time that reduces the testing time and saves energy. The theoretical results are in reasonably good agreements with experimental results for steel specimens. The suggested promotion time is approximately proportional to the mass/surface area of the test-piece for a given material.
Environmental Test;High & Low Temperature Test;Lumped Analysis;Temperature Promotion Time
- Department of Defense, 2000, MIL-STD-810F, 2000, Part One 5.4.2.
- Department of Defense, 2000, Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests, MIL-STD-810F, METHOD 501.4-9-11502.4-8.
- Department of Defense, 2000, Reliabilty test, MILHDBK-781, pp. 69-70.
- Department of Defense, 2000, MIL-STD-810F, Appendix A, Task 405, Part One A-11-13, Appendix C, Table C-1.
- IEC, 1994, IEC 721-3-3, Table 1- Classificatin of Climate Condition.
- RCTA, Inc., 2004, “Environmental Conditons and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment,” RCTA/DO-160E, pp. 4-4-4-12.
- Han, C. H., Kim, K. H., Kang, B. S. and Kim, H. E., 2008, “Analysis of the Promotion Time in Test Profile of a Temperature Environment by Lumped Analysis,” 2008 KSME Spring Conf. Trans. Reliability Engineering, pp. 9-12.
- Cengel, Y. A., 2003, Heat Transfer: A Practical Approach, pp. 212-213.