- Volume 48 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Study for Evaluation of Thermal Comfort in Passenger Cabin on Cruise Ship
크루즈선 객실의 공조 쾌적성 평가에 관한 연구
- Koo, Keun-Hae (Samsung Heavy Industries, Marine Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Ho-Ki (Samsung Heavy Industries, Marine Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Jae-Woong (Samsung Heavy Industries, Marine Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jae-Keun (Pusan National University, Mechanical Engineering Department)
- Received : 2010.07.26
- Accepted : 2010.11.08
- Published : 2011.02.20
The present work focuses on the evaluation of thermal comfort in passenger cabin of a cruise ship. A computational fluid dynamics (CFD(Airpak)) is used to calculate air velocity and temperature distribution in the passenger cabin as well as PMV and PPD. The CFD is used to simulate two different cases, room unit system and wardrobe duct system. Both of cases are simulated in summer environment condition. The room unit system and wardrobe duct system are compared and evaluated by ISO 7730 thermal comfort categories. The performance of room unit system is shown to be more effective for this typical case of passenger cabin.
Grant : 차세대 고부가가치 선박의 기반기술개발
- Park, W.G. Yeon, B.J. Jeong, H.E. & Kim, M.H., 2006. Study on Evaluation of Thermal Comfort in a Passenger Train. Proceedings of the Society of Air-conditioning and Refrigeration Engineers in Korea, 24 November 2006, pp.313-318.
- Lee, S.S. Kim, H.S. Lee, C.J. & Jang, M.S., 2004. Assessment of Ventilation Characteristics in a Cabin Onboard. Proceedings of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea Conference, 20-22 October 2004, pp.99-104.
- Jang, M.S. et al., 2005. Thermal Environment-based HVAC Operating Design in Cabins on Naval Ships. Journal of Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 42(4), pp.402-410. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2005.42.4.402
- Fanger, P.O., 1970. Thermal comfort analysis and application in environmental engineering. Danish Technical Press, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Airpak, 2007. User’s Guide. Airpak, pp.31-6, 31-14.
- ISO, 2005. Ergonomics of the Thermal Environment. ISO, .7730