- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Steel-Fiber Contents on the Compressive Stress-Strain Relation of Ultra High Performance Cementitious Composites (UHPCC)
UHPCC의 압축응력-변형률 관계에 대한 강섬유 혼입률의 영향
- Kang, Su-Tae (Structural Engineering & Bridges Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Ryu, Gum-Sung (Structural Engineering & Bridges Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology)
- Received : 2010.08.19
- Accepted : 2010.10.19
- Published : 2011.02.28
The effect of steel-fiber contents on the compressive behavior of ultra high performance cementitious composites (UHPCC) was studied to propose a compressive behavior model for UHPCC. The experiments considered fiber contents of 0~5 vol.% and the results indicated that compressive strength and corresponding strain as well as elastic modulus were improved as the fiber contents increased. Compared to the previous study results obtained from concrete with compressive strength of 100MPa or less, the reinforcement effect on strength showed similar tendency, while the effect on the strain and elastic modulus were much less. Strength, strain, and elastic modulus according to the fiber contents were presented as a linear function of fiber reinforcement index (RI). Fiber reinforcement in UHPCC had no influence on the shape of compressive behavioral curve. Considering its effect on compressive strength, strain, and elastic modulus, a compressive stress-strain relation for UHPCC was proposed.
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원, 한국에너지기술평가원
- Tue, N. V., Simsch, G., Schneider, H., and Schmidt, D., “Bearing Capacity of Stub Columns Made of NSC, HSC and UHPC confined by a Steel Tube,” Proceedings of the International Symposium on Ultra High Performance Concrete, University of Kassel, Germany, 2004, pp. 339-350.
- Sargin, M. and Handa, V., A General Formulation for the Stress-Strain Properties of Concrete, Report No. 3-Solid Mechanics Division, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1969, pp. 1-27.
- Popovics, S., “A Numerical Approach to the Complete Stress-Strain Curve of Concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 3, No. 4, 1973, pp. 583-599. https://doi.org/10.1016/0008-8846(73)90096-3
- Carreira, D. J. and Chu, K. M., “Stress-Strain Relationship for Plain Concrete in Compression,” ACI Journal, Vol. 82, No. 6, 1985, pp. 797-804.
- Wang, P. T., Shah, S. P., and Naaman, A. E., “Stress-Strain Curves of Normal and Light Weight Concrete in Compression,” ACI Journal, Vol. 75, No. 11, 1978, pp. 603-611.
- Hognestad, E., Hanson, N. W., and McHenry, D., “Concrete Stress Distribution in Ultimate Strength Design,” ACI Journal, Vol. 52, No. 4, 1955, pp. 455-480.
- Comite Euro-International du Beton (CEB), CEB-FIP Model Code 1990, CEB Bulletins d'Information No. 213/214, Thomas Telford, Lausanne, Switzerland, 1993, pp. 33-42.
- British Standard Institution, Eurocode 2: Design of Concrete Structures-Part 1-1: General Rules and Rules for Buildings, BSI, 2004, pp. 33-34.
- Fanella, D. A. and Naaman, A. E., “Stress-Strain Properties of Fiber Reinforced Mortar in Compression,” ACI Journal, Vol. 82, No. 4, 1985, pp. 475-483.
- Ezeldin, S. and Balaguru, P. N., “Normal-and High-Strength Fiber-Reinforced Concrete under Compression,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 4, 1992, pp. 415-429. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0899-1561(1992)4:4(415)
- Hsu, L. S. and Hsu, C. T., “Stress-Strain Behavior of Steel-Fiber High-Strength Concrete under Compression,” ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 91, No. 4, 1994, pp. 448-447.
- Nataraja, M. C., Dhang, N., and Gupta, A. P., “Stress-Strain Curve for Steel-Fiber Reinforced Concrete under Compression,” Cement & Concrete Composites, Vol. 21, 1999, pp. 383-390. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0958-9465(99)00021-9
- Taerwe, L., “Influence of Steel Fibers on Strain-Softening of High-Strength Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, Vol. 89, No. 1, 1992, pp. 54-60.
- ACI 234R-06, “Guide for the Use of Silica Fume in Concrete,” American Concrete Institute, 2006, 2 pp.
- 강수태, 박정준, 류금성, 김성욱, “시멘트 복합체의 압축강도에 대한 강섬유 보강 효과,” 구조물진단학회지, 14권, 5호, 2010, pp. 110-118.
- Song, P. S. and Hwang, S., “Mechanical Properties of High-Strength Steel Fiber-Reinforced Concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 18, 2004, pp. 669-673. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2004.04.027
- Yazici, S., Inan, G., and Tabak, V., “Effect of Aspect Ratio and Volume Fraction of Steel Fiber on the Mechanical Properties of SFRC,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 21, 2007, pp. 1250-1253. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2006.05.025
- Tensile Stress-Crack Opening Relationship of Ultra High Performance Cementitious Composites(UHPCC) Used for Bridge Decks vol.17, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2013.17.1.046
- Experimental Study on Tension-Hardening and Softening Characteristics in Reinforced Mortar with CSA Expansion Agent vol.18, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2014.18.1.101
- Evaluation of Mechanical Properties and Crack Resistant Performance in Concrete with Steel Fiber Reinforcement and CSA Expansive Admixture vol.18, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2014.18.1.075
- Comparison Analysis of Fiber Distribution and Workability for Amorphous Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete vol.23, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2014.23.4.47
- Performance of Fresh and Hardened Ultra High Performance Concrete without Heat Treatment vol.26, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2014.26.1.023
- Effects of Aggregate Size and Steel Fiber Volume Fraction on Compressive Behaviors of High-Strength Concrete vol.27, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2015.27.3.229
- Mechanical Characteristics of Ultra High Strength Concrete with Steel Fiber Under Uniaxial Compressive Stress vol.27, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2015.27.5.521
- A Study on the Experiment of Flexural Behavior of Composite Beam with Steel Fiber Reinforced UHPC and Inverted-T Steel Considering Compressive Strength Level vol.27, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2015.27.6.677
- An Evaluation of Elasticity Modulus and Tensile Strength of Ultra High Performance Concrete vol.3, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2015.3.3.206
- Compressive Behavior of Hybrid Steel Fiber Reinforced Ultra-High Performance Concrete vol.28, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2016.28.2.213
- Fracture Behavior of UHPC Reinforced with Hybrid Steel Fibers vol.28, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2016.28.2.223
- The Effects of Steel-Fiber Reinforcement on High Strength Concrete Replaced with Recycled Coarse Aggregates More Than 60% vol.4, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2016.4.4.404