- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Reliability-Based Design Optimization Using Enhanced Pearson System
개선된 피어슨 시스템을 이용한 신뢰성기반 최적설계
- Kim, Tae-Kyun (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Graduate School, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Lee, Tae-Hee (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, College of Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2010.01.05
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2011.02.01
Since conventional optimization that is classified as a deterministic method does not consider the uncertainty involved in a modeling or manufacturing process, an optimum design is often determined to be on the boundaries of the feasible region of constraints. Reliability-based design optimization is a method for obtaining a solution by minimizing the objective function while satisfying the reliability constraints. This method includes an optimization process and a reliability analysis that facilitates the quantization of the uncertainties related to design variables. Moment-based reliability analysis is a method for calculating the reliability of a system on the basis of statistical moments. In general, on the basis of these statistical moments, the Pearson system estimates seven types of distributions and determines the reliability of the system. However, it is technically difficult to practically consider the Pearson Type IV distribution. In this study, we propose an enhanced Pearson Type IV distribution based on a kriging model and validate the accuracy of the enhanced Pearson Type IV distribution by comparing it with a Monte Carlo simulation. Finally, reliability-based design optimization is performed for a system with type IV distribution by using the proposed method.
RBDO;Reliability Analysis;Kriging Model;Pearson System;Pearson Type IV Distribution
- Cornell, C. A., 1969, "A Probability-Based Structural Code," Journal of the American Concrete Institute, Vol. 66, No. 12, pp. 974-985.
- Breitung, K., 1984, "Asymptotic Approximations for Multi-Normal Integrals," Journal of Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 110, No. 3, pp. 357-366. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1984)110:3(357)
- Seo, H. S. and Kwak, B. M., 2002, "Efficient Statistical Tolerance Analysis for General Distributions Using Three-Point Information," International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 931-944. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540110095709
- Lee, S. H. and Kwak, B. M., 2005,"Reliability-Based Design Optimization Using Response Surface Augmented Moment Method," Proceedings of the 6th world Congress on Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, Reo de Janeiro, 30 May-3 June, 2005.
- Rahman, S. and Xu, H., 2004, "A Univariate Dimension-Reduction Method for Multi- Dimensional Integration in Stochastic Mechanics," Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 393-408. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.probengmech.2004.04.003
- Youn, B. D., Xi, Z., Wells, L. J. and Wang, P., 2006, "Enhanced Dimension-Reduction(eDR) Method for Sensitivity-Free Uncertainty Quantification," 11th AIAA/ISSMO Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization Conference, 6-8 September 2006, Portsmouth, Virginia.
- Jung, J. J., 2007, "Multiplicative Decomposition Method for Accurate Moment-Based Reliability Analysis," Ph.D. Thesis, Hanyang University.
- Stuart, A. and Ord, J. K., 1994, Kendall’s Advanced Theory of Statistics, Vol. 1, 6th ed. Edward Arnold, London.
- Kim, T. K. and Lee, T. H., 2009, “Reliability-based Design Optimization using Multiplicative Decomposition Method,” COSEIK, Vol. 22, No. 04, pp. 229-306.
- A study on improving bone conduction speaker performance by electromagnetic prediction and performance distribution by statistical analysis method vol.31, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-017-0315-x