- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
System for Real-Time Analysis of Body Posture of Home Inhabitant by Using a Tilt Sensor
기울기 센서를 이용한 홈 거주자의 실시간 자세분석 시스템
- Cha, Joo-Heon (School of Mechanical System Engineering, Kookmin Univ.) ;
- Jun, Sung (Dept. of Mechanics and Design, Graduate School of Kookmin Univ.)
- Received : 2010.05.11
- Accepted : 2010.11.18
- Published : 2011.02.01
A smart home provides services that its inhabitant needs or wants, by integrating and simultaneously controlling various devices and sensors. In this study, we focused on a smart-home system for people with disabilities and for elderly people. We introduced a new type of system for real-time analysis of body posture of the inhabitants of a smart home. The system includes the concept that offers remote healthcare or medical services by using a 3D tilt sensor for recognizing the static and dynamic postures of inhabitants in real time. It consists of a smart-home server and a 3D tilt sensor, and it uses wireless technology to communicate with the inhabitants and thus enhance their mobility. The smart-home server includes the inference engine that differentiates the dynamic postures from the static ones. Finally, we also demonstrate the usefulness of the proposed system by applying it to a real environment.
Body Posture Analysis;Tilt Sensor;Healthcare;Behavior Pattern;Smart Home;Inference Engine
Supported by : 국민대학교
- Axisa, F., Schmitt, P. M., Gehin, C., Delhomme, G., McAdams, E. and Dittmar, A., 2005, "Flexible Technologies and Smart Clothing for Citizen Medicine, Home Healthcare, and Disease Prevention,” IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITB.2005.854505
- Stefanov, D. H., Bien, Z. and Bang, W.-C., 2004, "The Smart House for Older Persons and Persons With Physical Disabilities: Structure, Technology Arrangements, and Perspectives,” IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSRE.2004.828423
- Noury, N., Virone, G. and Creuzet, T., 2003, "New Trends in Health Smart Homes,” IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/HEALTH.2003.1218728
- Kim, M. and Chung, Y., 2008, "A Design of Healthcare Zone-Service System Based Indoor Seamless Positioning using Wireless Access Point,” Korean Society for Internet Information, Vol.9, No.1, pp.493-497.
- Noury, N., Virone, G. and Creuzet, T., 2002, "The Health Integrated Smart Home Information System(HIS2) : Rules Based System For The Localization of a Human,” Proc. 2nd Conf. IEEE-EMBS on Microtechnologies in Medicine and Biology, pp.319-321.
- Bhorbel, M., Segarra, M.-T. and Mokhtari, M., 2004, "Networking and Communication In Smart Home for People with Disabilities,” ICCHP.
- Warren, S., Yao, J. and Lebak, J., 2004, "Reconfiguable Point-of-Care System Designed with Interoperability Standard,” IEEE- EMBS.
- Helal, S., Winkler, B. and Lee, C., 2003, Youssef Kaddoura, Lisa Ran, Carlos Giraldo, Sree Kuchibhotla, William Mann, "Enabling Location-Aware Pervasive Computing Applications for the Elderly,” IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/PERCOM.2003.1192785
- Sogo, T., Ishiguro, H. and Trivedi, M. M., 2004, "Real-Time Human Tracking System with Multiple Omnidirectional Vision Sensors,” System and Computer in Japan.
- Bien, Z., Park, K.-H., Bang, W.-C. and Stefanov, D. H., 2002, "LARES: An Intelligent Sweet Home for Assisting Older Persons and Handicapped,” in Proc. 1st Cambridge Workshop Universal Access and Assistive Technology, Cambridge, U.K., pp.43-46.
- Lee, D.-G., Lee, K.-J., Whanbo, T.-K. and Lim, H.-K., 2006, “Human Behavior Analysis and Remote Emergency Detection System Using the Neural Network,” The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 6, No. 9, pp. 50-59.
- Posture and Space Recognition System Using Multimodal Sensors vol.39, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.6.603