- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of a Forecasting Model for Refinery Crude Column Overhead Corrosion Control
원유 증류 공정 탑 상부의 부식 예측 모델 개발
- Kim, Seung-Nam (Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Yonsei Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jung-Hwan (Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Yonsei Univ.) ;
- Moon, Il (Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Yonsei Univ.)
- Received : 2010.05.13
- Accepted : 2010.11.23
- Published : 2011.02.01
Corrosion at the top of a distillation column is a common problem in refineries and chemical plants. In particular, severe damage has been inflicted in refineries by corrosive materials such as hydrogen sulfide and chlorine. Therefore, the mechanism of the corrosion occurring at the top of a distillation column has been analyzed, and a model for forecasting the corrosion rate has been developed. Four major materials were selected for modeling:
Corrosion;Forecasting Model;Refinery;Crude Column Overhead;Corrosion Control
- Koch, G. H., Brongers, M. P. H., Thompson, N. G., Virmani, Y. P. and Payer, J. H., 2003, “Corrosion Costs and Preventive Strategies in the United States,” FSP & SFPE.
- Kim, J. H., Kim, J. Y., Lee, Y. H., Park, S. R., Seo, S. K., Lee, Y. H. and Moon, I., 2008, “Development of CCD(Corrosion Control Document) in Refinery Process,” Journal of the KOSOS, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 31-36.
- Kim, D. S., Yang, K. M. and Kim, G. M., 2000, “High Temperature Sulfidation Behavior of IN738 and IN738LC for Gas Turbine Materials in 5% SO2 Atmosphere,” J. Corros. Sci. Soc. of Korea, Vol. 29, No. 336.
- Lee, H., Jung, J. and Kim, E., 2009, “High Temperature Corrosion Properies of Heat Resistant Chrome Steels in SO2 Atmosphere,” J. Kor. Inst. Met. & Mater., Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 99-106.
- Sun, W. and Nesic, S., 2009, “A Mechanistic Model of Uniform Hydrogen Sulfide/Carbon Dioxide Corrosion of Mild Steel,” Corrosion, Vol. 65, No. 5, pp. 291-307. https://doi.org/10.5006/1.3319134
- Noor, E. A. and Al-Moubaraki, A. H., 2008, “Corrosion Behavior of Mild Steel in Hydrochloric Acid Solutions,” Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., Vol. 3, pp. 806-808.
- Eiger, A., Sikorski, K. and Stenger, F., 1984, "A Bisection Method for Systems of Nonlinear Equations," ACM Transactions on Mathematical software, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 367-377 https://doi.org/10.1145/2701.2705
- Cypriano, D. L. N., Ponciano, J. A. C. and Jambo, H. C. M., 2009, “Crude Unit Overhead Corrosion - pH Profile and Corrosion Rate of Carbon Steel Under Controlled Condensation,” Materials and Corrosion, Vol. 60, No. 9999, pp. 1-6.
- Hoffmeister, H., 2006, “Modeling of Hydrogen Sulfide Corrosion by Coupling of Phase and Polarization Behavior,” Corrosion, Vol. 62, No. 12, pp. 1092-1099. https://doi.org/10.5006/1.3278243
- Song, F. M., 2010, “A Comprehensive Model for Predicting CO2 Corrosion Rate in Oil and Gas Production and Transportation Systems,” Electrohimica Acta, Vol. 55, pp. 689-700. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2009.07.087