- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Acquisition of Data of Equipments on Shop Floor Using Interface Between Various Equipments
다양한 생산 설비와의 인터페이스를 고려한 설비정보 수집
- Nam, So-Jeong (Nano Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division, KIMM) ;
- Lee, Jai-Kyung (Systems Engineering Research Division, KIMM) ;
- Lee, Sung-Woo (Nano Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division, KIMM) ;
- Park, Jong-Kweon (Nano Convergence Manufacturing Systems Research Division, KIMM)
- 남소정 (한국기계연구원 나노융합생산시스템연구본부) ;
- 이재경 (한국기계연구원 시스템엔지니어링연구본부) ;
- 이승우 (한국기계연구원 나노융합생산시스템연구본부) ;
- 박종권 (한국기계연구원 나노융합생산시스템연구본부)
- Received : 2010.05.17
- Accepted : 2010.10.12
- Published : 2011.02.01
There is much information of equipment in shop floor because the manufacturing processes are different as the equipment within the manufacturing process is varied. To provide effective process information to MES and other production systems, the DAS requires an equipment monitoring system that takes into account the characteristics of the equipment on the shop floor. In this study, we proposed some methods for collecting the required information about various equipments on a shop floor. The equipments such as CNC can be interfaced with the DAS by using a PLC-based method and a sensor-based interface board can be used to interface general equipments. The proposed methods can be used to collect information on the shop floor in real-time. Moreover these methods are very adaptive and can be easily modified according to the changes made to the shop floor. The information about a real shop floor acquired by employing these methods is saved in a database and the can be provided to a supervisor and MES so that they are aware of the status of the shop floor.
Equipment Interface;Data Acquisition Module;Shop Floor;MES
- MESA, 1997, “MES Functionalities & MRP to MES Data Flow Possibilities,” MESA INTERNATIONAL WHITEPAPER No. 2.
- Moriyama, K. and Saito, T., 2002, “Real Time Management System for Machine Tools by Using Network,” Mitsubishi Juko Giho, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp.220-223.
- MESA, 2008, "SOA in Manufacturing Guidebook," ISA/MESA Publication, pp.14-15.
- Ye, L. and H. Chan, C. B., 2005, “RFID-based Logistics Control System for Business-to-Business Ecommerce,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Mobile Business, IEEE Computer Society Press, pp.630-636
- Willoughby, B. R., 1983, "Bar Coding Gaining Wider Acceptance In Manufacturing and Distribution Functions," I.E., April 1983.
- Andersson, G., 1984, "Industrial Bar Code Application Help Control Inventory, Verify Assembly," I.E., November, 1984.
- Sprott, D. and Wilkes, L., 2003, "Understanding SOA," CBDI Journal
- Ho, S. and Loucks, W. M. and Singh, A., 1998, “Monitoring the Performance of a Web Service,” IEEE Canadian Conference on Vol. 1, pp. 109-112.
- Mahfouf, M. and Tenner, J. and Linkens, D. A. and Abbod, M. F., 2000, “Optimal Design of Alloy Steels Using Evolutionary Computing,” Knowledge-Based Intelligent Engineering Systems and Allied Technologies, Vol. 1, pp. 357-360.
- Real-time data acquisition system and HMI for MES vol.26, pp.8, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0615-0