- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Creep-Fatigue Life Design with Various Stress and Temperature Conditions on the Basis of Lethargy Coefficient
응력 및 온도 변화시 무기력계수를 이용한 크리프-피로 수명설계
- Park, Jung-Eun (Dept. of Mechanical System Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yang, Sung-Mo (Dept. of Mechanical System Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Han, Jae-Hee (Dept. of Mechanical System Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yu, Hyo-Sun (Dept. of Mechanical System Engineering, Chonbuk Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.07.05
- Accepted : 2010.12.16
- Published : 2011.02.01
High temperature and stress are encounted in power plants and vehicle engines. Therefore, determination of the creep-fatigue life of a material is necessary prior to fabricating equipments. In this study, life design was determined on the basis of the lethargy coefficient for different temperatures, stress and rupture times. SP-Creep test data was compared with computed data. The SP-Creep test was performed to obtain the rupture time for X20CrMoV121 steel. The integration life equation was considered for three cases with various load, temperature and load-temperature. First, the lethargy coefficient was calculated by using the obtained rupture stress and the rupture time that were determined by carrying out the SP-Creep test. Next, life was predicted on the basis of the temperature condition. Finally, it was observed that life decreases considerably due to the coupling effect that results when fatigue and creep occur simultaneously.
Coupling Effect;Creep-Fatigue;High Cr-Mo Steel;Integration Life Equation;Lethargy Coefficient
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Granacher, J., Klenk, A., Tramer, M., Schellenberg, G., Mueller, F. and Ewald, J., 2001, "Creep Fatigue Crack Behavior of Two Power Plant Steels," International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 78, pp. 909-920. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-0161(01)00106-5
- Wilshire, B. and Burt, H., 2008, "Damage Evolution During Creep of Steels," International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 85, pp. 47-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpvp.2007.06.002
- Kim, W. G., Yoon, S. N., Ryu, W. S. and Yi, W., 2005, "Creep-Life Prediction and Standard Error Analysis of Type 316LN Stainless Steel by Time-Temperature Parametric Methods," Trans. of the KSME A, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 74-80. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2005.29.1.074
- Baek, S. S., Kwon, I. H., Kim, H. H., Lee, D. H. and Yu, H. S., 2004, "A Creep Damage Evaluation for Local Structure of Weldment using Hardness add SP-Creep Test," KWS 2004-Autumn, Vol. 43, pp. 144-163.
- Lim, B. S., Kim, B. J. and Jin, M. J., 2004, "Effect of Hold Time on Crack Growth Behavior of Base Metal and HAZ in P92 Steel Weldment under Creep-fatigue Interaction," KSAE Fall Conference Proceeding, pp. 1369-1373.
- Al-Mazrouee, A.., Raman, R. K. and Ibrahim, R. N., 2005, "Effect of Post Weld Heat Treatment on the Oxide Scaling of Cr-Mo Steel Weldments," Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 164-165, pp. 964-970. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2005.02.222
- Souza, L. F. G. D., Bott, I. D. S. and Paranhos, R. P. P. R., 2005, "Microstructural Analysis of Single Pass 2,25% Cr-1.0% Mo Steel Weld Metal with Different Manganese Contents," Materials Characterization, Vol. 55, No. 15, pp. 19-27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matchar.2005.02.003
- Yang, S. M., Kang, H. Y., Kim, H. G. and Song, J. H., 2002, "Fatigue Life Prediction of Bolted Joint in Vehicle Structures by the Lethargy Coefficient," International Journal of Vehicle Design, Vol. 30, No. 1-2.
- Yokobori, T. and Yokobori, T. A., 2001, “High Temperature Creep, Fatigue and Creep-Fatigue Interaction in Engineering Materials,” International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 78, pp. 903-908. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-0161(01)00105-3
- Lee, H. Y., Kim, Y. W. and Song, K. N., 2008, "Preliminary Application of the Draft Code Case for Alloy 617 for High Temperature Component," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 22, pp. 856-863. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0118-1
- Lee, C. M., Kim, C.W., Yu, H. S. and Yang, S. M., 2006, "Creep-Fatigue Life Design Using Lethargy Coefficient," KSAE 06-H0013, pp. 1-5.
- Oxtoby, D. W., Gillis, H. P., Campion, A., 2008, Principles of Modern Chemistry, 6th Edition, Science-Plus, Seoul, pp. 87-101, pp. 354-365.