- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Time-Based Characteristics of Acoustic Emission During Dental Composite Restoration
치아 와동의 복합레진 수복시 음향방출의 시간적 발생 특성
- Gu, Ja-Uk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Choi, Nak-Sam (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Arakawa, Kazuo (Research Institute for Applied Mechanics, Kyushu Univ.)
- Received : 2010.09.20
- Accepted : 2010.11.18
- Published : 2011.02.01
Acoustic emission (AE) signals were detected and analyzed in real time during the polymerization shrinkage of composite resin restoration in an artificial dental ring with a class I cavity. Most AE hit events were observed in the initial curing period of the 1st region with high contraction rate. The range of the
Composite Resin;Polymerization Shrinkage;Contraction Stress;Acoustic Emission
- Jorgensen, K.D., Asmussen, E. and Shimokobe, H., 1975, "Enamel Damages Caused by Contracting Restorative Resins," Scandinavian Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 83, No. 2, pp. 120-122.
- Krejci, I., Besek, M. and Lutz, F., 1999, "Clinical and SEM Study of Tetric Resin Composite in Posterior Teeth: 12-Month Results", American Journal of Dentistry, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.27-30.
- Tay, F., pang, K.M., Gwinnett, A.J. and Wei, S.H., 1995, "A Method for Microleakage Evaluation Along the Dentin/Restorative Interface," American Journal of Dentistry, Vol. 8, pp.105-108.
- Gu, J.-U., Choi, N.-S. and Arakawa, K. 2009, "Interfacial Fracture Analysis of Human Tooth/Composite Resin Restoration using Acoustic Emission," Journal of The Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 45-51.
- Gu, J.-U., Choi, N.-s. and Arakawa, K., 2010, "Statistical Verification of Acoustic Emission Detected During Polymerization Shrinkage of Resin Restoration in Dental Ring," Journal of The Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 39-46. https://doi.org/10.7234/kscm.2010.23.6.039
- Tobolsky, A.V., Leonard, F. and Roeser, G.P., 1948, "Use of Polymerizable Ring Compounds in Constant Volume Polymerizations," Journal of Polymer Science, Vol. 3, Issue 4, pp.604-606. https://doi.org/10.1002/pol.1948.120030415
- Sakaguchi, R.L., Peters, M.C.R.B., Nelson, S.R., 1992, "Effect of Polymerization Contraction in Composite Restorations," Journal of Dentistry, Vol. 20, Issue 3, pp.178-182. https://doi.org/10.1016/0300-5712(92)90133-W
- Woo, S.-C., Choi, N.-S. and Cho, N., 2008, "Characterization of the Fracture Process of Notched Glass Fiber/Aluminum Hybrid Laminates by Acoustic Emission," Composites Science and Technology, Vol.68, pp.1521-1530. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compscitech.2007.10.020
- Choi, N.-S., Woo, S.-C. and Rhee, K.-Y., 2007, "Effects of Fiber Orientation on the Acoustic Emission and Fracture Characteristics of Composite Laminates," Journal of Materials Science, Vol.42, pp. 1162-1168. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10853-006-1445-1