- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Noise-Robust Measuring Algorithm for Small Tubes Based on an Iterative Statistical Method
통계적 반복법에 기반한 노이즈에 강한 소형튜브 측정 알고리즘 개발
- Kim, Hyoung-Seok (Team of Technical Development for Intelligent Vehicle Parts, Univ. of Ulsan) ;
- Naranbaatar, Erdenesuren (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan) ;
- Lee, Byung-Ryong (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Univ. of Ulsan)
- Received : 2010.07.05
- Accepted : 2010.12.17
- Published : 2011.02.01
We propose a novel algorithm for measuring the radius of tubes. This proposed algorithm is capable of effectively removing added noise and measuring the radius of tubes within allowable precision. The noise is removed by using a candidate true center that minimizes the standard deviation with respect to the radius. Further, the disconnection in data points resulting from noise removal is solved by using a connection algorithm. The final step of the process is repeated until the value of the standard deviation decreases to a small predefined value. Experiments were performed using circle geometries with added noise and a real tube with complex noise and that is used in the braking units of automobiles. It was concluded that the measurement carried out using the algorithm was accurate within 1.4%, even with 15% added noise.
Pipe;Standard Deviation;Computer Vision;Measurement;Error Minimization
- Liao, C. W., Su, J. C. and Tarng, Y. S., 2008, “Application of the Structured Illumination Method for Automated Visual Inspection of the Loudspeaker Cones,” Jr. of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 200, No. 1-3, pp. 59-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2007.11.262
- Shafeek, H. I., Gadelmawla, E. S., Abdel-Shafy, A. A. and Elewa, I. M., 2004,“Automatic Inspection of Gas Pipeline Welding Defects Using an Expert Vision System,” NDT & E International, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 301-307. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ndteint.2003.10.004
- Chan, C. and Grantham, K.H., 2000, “Fabric Defect Detection by Fourier Analysis,” IEEE Trans Ind. Appl., Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 1267-1275. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.871274
- Rao, B.P.C., 2001, “Visual Techniques in Non-Destructive Testing,” Encyclopedia of Materials: Science and Technology, pp. 6043-6046.
- Hong, K. H., 2006, “A New Circle Detection Algorithm for Pupil and Iris Segmentation from the Occluded RGB images,” The Journal of the Korea Contents Association. pp. 22-26.
- Kim, H. S. and Lee, B. R., 2006, “Real-Time Pipe Fault Detection System using Computer Vision,” IJPEM, 7(1), 30-34.
- Rokhmatuloh, Tateishi, Wikantika, R., Munadi, K. and Aslam, A. M. A., 2003, “Study on the Spectral Quality Preservation Derived from Multisensor Image Fusion Techniques Between JERS-1 SAR and Landsat TM data,” IGARSS '03, Vol. 6, pp. 3656-3658.
- Lu, C. J. and Tsai, D.M., 2004, “Defect Inspection of Patterned TFT-LCD Panels Using a Fast Sub-Image Based SVD,” International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 42, pp. 4331-4351. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540410001716480
- Wang, F. F., Wang, Z., Mo, X. T., Wang, P., Liu, M., Ren, L., Zhu, Y., Zhang, F. and Liu, W. Y., 2007, “Machine Vision Inspection System for Film,” Machine Vision Inspection System, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 212-216.
- Kumar, B. K., Lakshminarayana, A., Kulgod, S. V., Deshpande, P. P., Palod, S., Singh, V. P. and Rao, G. V. S. H., 2006, “Vision Systems for Inspection of Nuclear Fuel Components,” Proc. NDE.
- Lee, M. R., 2000, “Machine Vision System for Curved Surface Inspection,” Mach. Vision Appl., pp. 177-188.
- Ponsa, D., Benavente, R., Lumbreras, F., Martinez, J. and Roca, X., 2003, “Quality Control of Safety Belts by Machine Vision Inspection for Real-Time Production,” Opt. Eng., Vol. 42, No. 4.
- Yun, J. P., Choi, S. H., Seo, B. Y. and Kim, S. W., 2008, “Real-Time Vision-Based Defect Inspection for High-Speed Steel Products,” Opt. Eng., Vol. 57, No.7.
- Zhang, H., Wu, G., Sun, X., Xu, J. and Xu, K., 2007, “A New Fast Border Search Algorithm and Its Expansion,” Proc. IEEE Intl. Conf. Automation Logistics, pp. 1886-1890.
- Denzler, J. and Brown, C., 2002, “Information Theoretic Sensor Data Selection for Active Object Recognition and State Estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 24, pp. 145-157. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.982896
- Arbel, T. and Ferrie, F., 2001, “Entropy-Based Gaze Planning,” Image and Vision Computing, Vol. 19, No. 11, pp. 779-786. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0262-8856(00)00103-7
- Radius-Measuring Algorithm for Small Tubes Based on Machine Vision using Fuzzy Searching Method vol.35, pp.11, 2011, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.11.1429