- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Characteristics of Sliding Support for Fuel Rod
이동 가능한 연료봉 지지부의 특성 고찰
- Song, Kee-Nam (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hoon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2010.07.27
- Accepted : 2010.11.18
- Published : 2011.02.01
A spacer grid assembly is one of the most important structural components of the nuclear fuel assembly of a pressurized water reactor (PWR), and it affects the performance of the fuel assembly. The primary design requirement is that the mechanical integrity of the fuel rod should be maintained by the spacer grid assembly during the operation of the reactor. It was known that fretting damage to the fuel rod can be reduced by adjusting the relative moving displacement between the fuel rod and its support. In this study, we used the finite element method to evaluate the characteristics of a sliding support designed to reduce fretting damage of fuel rods.
Sliding Fuel Rod Support;Nuclear Fuel Assembly;Spacer Grid Assembly;Fretting Wear;Flow-Induced Vibration(FIV);Fuel Rod;Fuel Rod Support Integrity;PWR
Supported by : 한국원자력연구원
- Weiland, L. E. and Parks, B. H.,1987, "Nuclear Reactor Spacer Grid," US Pat. 4,702,881.
- Weiland, L. E., 1991, "Fuel Assembly Support Grid," US Pat. 5,139,736.
- Weiland, L. E., 1992, "Fuel Rod Capturing Grid Spring and Arch," US Pat. 5,243,635.
- Kang, H. S. et al., 1998, "Grid with Nozzle-Type Coolant Deflecting Channels for Use in Nuclear Reactor Fuel Assemblies," US Pat. 6,130,927.
- Yoon, K. H. et al., 2004, "Spacer Grid for Nuclear Reactor Fuel Assemblies with Grid Springs Maintaining Conformal Contact with Fuel Rods and Enlaeged Elastic Range," US Pat. 6,707,872 B2.
- DeMario, E. E., Boyle, R. F. and Kuchirka, P. J., 1987, "Nuclear Fuel Grid Spring and Dimple Structures," US Pat. 4,803,043.
- Lee, H. A. et al., 2007, "Design of a Nuclear Fuel Spacer Grid Considering Impact and Wear," Trans. of KSME A, Vol. 31, No. 10, pp. 1000-1009. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.10.999
- Kim, D. W. et al., 2007, "Nonlinear Response Structural Optimization of a Spacer Grid Spring for a Nuclear Fuel Rod Using the Equivalent Loads," Trans. of KSME A, Vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 1165-1172. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.12.1165
- Song, K. N., Lee, K. H. and Chung, I. S., 2008, "Comparison of Wear Resistance for Various Spacer Grid Spring Shapes," J. of KSPVP, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 1-7.
- Lee, S. B., Song, K. N. and Kim, Y. W., 2008, "Parametric Study for a Dimple Location in a Spacer Grid Under the Critical Impact Load," J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 22, pp. 2024-2029. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0620-5
- Lee, S. H., Song, K. N. and Kim, J. Y., 2007, "Design Improvement of an OPT-H Type Nuclear Fuel Rod Support Grid Using an Axiomatic Design and an Optimization," J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 21, pp. 1191-1195. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03179035
- Song, K. N., Lee, S. B. and Lee, S. H., 2007, "Performance Evaluation of New Spacer Grid Shapes for PWRs," Nuclear Engineering and Technology, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 737-746. https://doi.org/10.5516/NET.2007.39.6.737
- Shin, M. K. et al., 2008, "Optimization of a Nuclear Fuel Spacer Grid Spring Using Homology Constraints," Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 238, pp. 2624-2634. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2008.04.003
- Song, K. N. et al., 2009, "Laser Welding Unit for Intersection Line Welding of Spacer Grid Inner Straps and Its Application," Journal of Laser Micro/Nano- engineering, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 11-17. https://doi.org/10.2961/jlmn.2009.01.0003
- Song, K. N. et al., 2010, "Study on the Lateral Dynamic Crush Strength of a Spacer Grid Assembly for a LWR Nuclear Fuel Assembly," Trans. A of KSME, Vol. 34, No. 9, pp. 1175-1183. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.9.1175
- Song, K. N., 2010, Korea Patent # 10-0967119.
- Song, K. N. and Lee, S. H., 2010, "Spacer Grid Assembly with Sliding Fuel Rod Support," Trans. A of KSME, Vol. 34, No. 7, pp. 843-850. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.7.843
- Song, K. N., Korea Patent Application 2009-0006230.
- Song, K. N., Korea Patent Application 2009-0006229.
- Song, K. N., Korea Patent Application 2009-0067020.
- Song, K. N., Korea Patent Application 2009-0068838.
- Song, K. N., Korea Patent Application 2009-0068839.
- Song, K. N., Korea Patent Application 2009-0068836.
- ABAQUS/Standard Version 6.8 User's Manual, 2009, H.K.S., USA.