- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Optimal Design for Minimizing Weight of Housing of Hydraulic Breaker
유압 브레이커의 중량 감소를 위한 하우징 최적설계
- Park, Gyu-Byung (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Park, Chang-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Park, Yong-Shik (Daemo Engineering Co., LTD.) ;
- Choi, Dong-Hoon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2010.08.19
- Accepted : 2010.11.20
- Published : 2011.02.01
A hydraulic breaker is an attachment installed at the end of excavator arm and is used for breaking. As per the authors' knowledge, there have been no research results on reducing the weight of the hydraulic breaker even though this weight reduction is very important for improving the performance of the excavator. In this study, we minimize the weight of the housing of the hydraulic breaker under normal operating conditions, while the maximum stress of the housing is lower than the allowable stress. A meta-model, which is generated by using the CAE results for the sampling design points determined by an orthogonal array, is used to solve the minimization problem. The weight of the housing according to the optimal design is found to be lower than the original weight by 4.8% while satisfying the constraint on the maximum stress.
Hydraulic Breaker;Polynomial Regression;Support Vector Regression;Orthogonal Array;Evolutionary Algorithm
- Ko, S. H. and Lim, J. H., 1995, "Modeling and Analysis of a Hydraulic Breaker Considering Elastic Impact between the Piston and the Chisel," Trans. of the KSME, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 338-347
- Choi, K. and Song, C., 1998, "A Study on the Performance Improvement of a Hydraulic Breaker," Trans. KSPE 1998 Fall Conference, pp. 1028-1031.
- Lee, Y. G., Sung, W. G. and Song, C. S., the Performance Analysis of a Hydraulic Breaker 2000, “The Development of an Analysis Tool and system,” Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 189-196.
- Baek, H. Y., Chang, H. W. and Lee, I. J., 2005, "Optimal Design of a Hydraulic Breaker using Taguchi Method," Trans. KSME 2005 Fall Conference, pp. 2033-2038.
- SolidWorks 2008 User manual, 2008, Dassault Systems.
- Hedayat, A., Sloane, N.J.A. and Stufken, J., 1999, "Orthogonal Arrays: theory and applications," Springer Verlag.
- Myers, R. H. and Montgomery, D. C., 1995, "Response Surface Methodology -Process and Product Optimization Using Designed Experiments," John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA.
- Clarke, S. M., Griebsch, H. and Simpson, T. W., 2005, "Analysis of Support Vector Regression For Approximation of Complex Engineering Analysis," ASME Journal, Vol. 127, No. 6, pp. 1077-1087. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1897403
- Smola, A. J. and Schlkopf, B., 2004, "A tutorial on Support Vector Regression," Statistics and Computing, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 199-222 https://doi.org/10.1023/B:STCO.0000035301.49549.88
- Back, T., 1996, "Evolutionary Algorithms in Theory and Practice," Oxford University Press, New York.
- Evaluation of Fatigue Life of Welded Joint of Gear Box-Shank in Vibro Ripper Using P-S-N Curve vol.39, pp.12, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.12.1207
- Estimation of Impact Loads in a Hydraulic Breaker by Transfer Path Analysis vol.2017, pp.1875-9203, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/8564381