- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Resolution of Time and Worker Conflicts for a Single Project in a Max-Plus Linear Representation
- Yoshida, Shotaro (Department of Management and Information Systems Engineering Nagaoka University of Technology) ;
- Takahashi, Hirotaka (Department of Humanities Yamanashi Eiwa College) ;
- Goto, Hiroyuki (Department of Industrial and Management Systems Hosei University)
- Received : 2011.09.28
- Accepted : 2011.10.20
- Published : 2011.12.01
This research develops a framework for resolving time and worker conflicts in the Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) method, expressed in the form of a Max-Plus Linear (MPL) system. Our previous work proposed a method for resolving time conflicts. However, in practical cases, both time and worker conflicts may occur. Hence, we propose a method for resolving both time and worker conflicts for a single project. We first consider how to detect a resource conflict. Then, we define an adjacency matrix to resolve the detected conflicts. Using the proposed method, we confirm that the resource conflict can be resolved through a numerical example.
Max-Plus Linear System;Critical Chain Project Management;Resource Conflict;Adjacency Matrix;Worker Conflict
Supported by : JSPS
- Baccelli, F., Cohen, G., Olsder, G. J., and Quadrat, J. P. (1992), Synchronization and Linearity, An Algebra for Discrete Event Systems, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Cohen, G., Moller, P., Quadrat, J., and Viot, M. (1989), Algebraic tools for the performance evaluation of discrete event systems, Proceedings of the IEEE, 77, 39-59. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.21069
- Goldratt, E. M. (1990), Theory of Constraints: And How It Should Be Implemented, North River Pr.
- Goto, H. (2007), Dual representation of event-varying max-plus linear systems, International Journal of Computational Science, 1, 225-242.
- Heidergott, B., Olsder, G. J., and Woude, L. (2006), Max Plus at Work: Modeling and Analysis of Synchronized Systems, New Jersey, Princeton University Press.
- Heidergott, B. (2006), Max Plus Linear Stochastic Systems and Perturbation Analysis, New York, Springer Verlag.
- Kasahara, M., Takahashi, H., and Goto, H. (2009), On a buffer management policy for CCPM-MPL representation, International Journal of Computational Science, 3, 593-606
- Lawrence, P. L. (2005), Critical Chain Project Management, Artech House Inc.
- Takahashi, H., Goto, H., and Kasahara, M. (2009a), Toward the application of a critical chain project management based framework on max-plus linear systems, International Engineering and Management Systems, 8, 155-161.
- Takahashi, H., Goto, H., and Kasahara, M. (2009b), Application of a critical chain project management based framework on max-plus linear systems, International Journal of Computational Science, 3, 117-132.
- Yoshida, S., Takahashi, H., and Goto, H. (2010), Modified max-plus linear representation for inserting time buffers, Proceeding of The IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 1631-1635.
- Yoshida, S., Takahashi, H., Goto, H. (2011), Resolution of resource conflict for a single project in max-plus linear representation, Journal of Computations and Modeling, 1, 31-47.