- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Parameter Study of Harmonics Generation Using One-dimensional Model of Closed Crack
닫힘균열의 1차원 모델을 이용한 고조파 발생에 대한 파라미터 연구
- Received : 2011.08.18
- Accepted : 2011.10.25
- Published : 2011.10.26
When a crack exists under a residual stress, for example in welds, the crack can be closed and it shows non symmetric behavior for tension and compression. Ultrasonic detection method for those nonlinear cracks has been developed recently. The method uses the higher order harmonics generating at the crack surface. In this study, parameter study was carried out for the analysis of the harmonics generation at a nonlinear contact interface as a preliminary study for general 3-dimensional cracks. One-dimensional problem with simple bilinear behavior for the contacting surface was considered. The amplitude of second harmonic to the fundamental wave was obtained for various stiffness ratios, incident frequencies, and the contacting layer thicknesses.
Supported by : 한국과학재단
- S. Biwa, S. Hiraiwa, E. Matsumoto (2006) Experimental and theoretical study of harmonic generation at contacting interface, Ultrasonics, 44, pp. 1319-1322. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultras.2006.05.010
- P.P. Delsanto, S. Hirsekorn, V.A. Loparco (2002) Modeling the propagation of ultrasonic waves in the interface region between two bonded elements, Ultrasonics, 40, pp. 605-610. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0041-624X(02)00183-X
- J.Y. Kim, A. Baltazar, S.I. Rokhlin (2004) Ultrasonic assessment of rough surface contact between solids from elastoplastic loading-unloading hysteresis cycle, J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 52, pp. 1911-1934. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmps.2004.01.006
- S. Biwa, S. Hiraiwa, E. Matsumoto (2007) Stiffness evaluation of contacting surfaces by bulk and interface waves, Ultrasonics, 47, pp. 123-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultras.2007.08.005
- J.Y. Kim, A. Baltazar, W. Hu, S.I. Rokhlin (2006) Hysteretic linear and nonlinear acoustic responses from pressed interfaces, Int. J. Solids and Structure, 43, pp. 6436-6452. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2005.11.006
- C.S. Kim, I.K. Park, K.Y. Jang (2004) Ultrasonic characteristic of thermal degradation in ferritic 2.25Cr-1Mo steel, NDT&E International, 42, pp. 204-209.
- N. Kim, S.Y. Yang (2007) Nonlinear displacement discontinuity model for generalized Rayleigh wave in contact interface, J. Korean Soc. Nondestructive Testing, 27, pp. 582-590.
- K.F. Graff (1975) Wave motion in elastic solids, Dover Publications, Inc.
- H. Go, U. Lee (2009) A guided wave-based structural damage detection method for structural health monitoring, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(3), pp. 412-419.