- Volume 14 Issue 5
DC/DC switching power converters are commonly used to generate a regulated DC output voltages with high efficiencies from different DC input sources. The voltage mode DC/DC converter utilizes MOSFET (metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor), inductor, and a PWM (pulse-width modulation) controller with oscillator, amplifier, and comparator, etc. to efficiently transfer energy from the input to the output at periodic intervals. The fundamental boost converter and a buck converter containing a switched-mode power supply are studied. In this paper, the electrical characteristics of DC/DC power converters are simulated by program of SPICE, and the PWM controller is implemented to check the operation. In addition, power efficiency is analyzed based on the specification of each component.
- P.C. Adell, R.D. Schrimpf, W.T. Holman et. al (2003) Total-Dose and Single-Event Effects in DC/DC Converter Control Circuitry, IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, Vol. 50, No. 6, December.
- P.C. Adell, R.D. Schrimpf, B.K. Choi et al (2002) Total-Dose and Single-EventEffects in Switching DC/DC Power Converters, IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, Vol. 49, No. 6, December.
- E.C. Roh, K.B. Jung, N.S. Choi (1997) Power Electronics, Moon Woon Dang, pp. 190-218. (in Korean)
- Y.H. Lho (2010) A study on the Design of a Pulse-Width Modulation DC/DC Power Converter, Int'l J. of Aeronautical & Space Sci. 11(3), 201-209. https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2010.11.3.201
- Cadence Design Systems (2004) SPICE reference Guide, San Jose, CA, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- S.H. Lee, J.Y. Jung (2006) Power Electronics Engineering, Seoul, Hyung Seol Publication Inc. pp. 147-153.
- N.W. van Vonno, L.G. Pearce, G.M. Wood et al (2010) Total Dose and Single Event Testing of a Hardened Single-Ended Current Mode PWM Controller, Presented at NSREC2010, July.
- Y.H. Lho (2010) A Study on Chopper Circuit for Variation of Inductance and Threshold Voltage based on IGBT, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(5), pp. 469-540.
- Datasheet of IRF150 N-channel Power MOSFET (2010).
- S.K. Kim, et al. (2010) High-density Nano-scale N-channel Trench-gated MOSFETs Using the Self-aligned Technique, Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 57(4), October.
- A Technical Report (2009) "Development of Evaluation Technology of SEL Effects on Electronic Component for SPACE", National Research Foundation of Korea.
- The Reactive Power Compensation for a Feeder by Control of the Power Factor of PWM Converter Trains vol.17, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.3.171
- A Study on the Leading Phase Operation of Single Phase PWM Converter Train vol.15, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.4.357
- TID and SEL Testing on PWM-IC Controller of DC/DC Power Buck Converter vol.41, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2013.41.1.79
- TID and SEGR Testing on MOSFET of DC/DC Power Buck Converter vol.42, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2014.42.11.981