- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
KTX Passenger Demand Forecast with Intervention ARIMA Model
개입 ARIMA 모형을 이용한 KTX 수요예측
- Received : 2011.10.05
- Accepted : 2011.10.26
- Published : 2011.10.26
This study proposed the intervention ARIMA model as a way to forecast the KTX passenger demand. The second phase of the Gyeongbu high-speed rail project and the financial crisis in 2008 were analyzed in order to determine the effect of time series on the opening of a new line and economic impact. As a result, the financial crisis showed that there is no statistically significant impact, but the second phase of the Gyeongbu high-speed rail project showed that the weekday trips increased about 17,000 trips/day and the weekend trips increased about 26,000 trips/day. This study is meaningful in that the intervention explained the phenomena affecting the time series of KTX trip and analyzed the impact on intervention of time series quantitatively. The developed model can be used to forecast the outline of the overall KTX demand and to validate the KTX O/D forecasting demand.
- D. Lee, T. Hong, H. Kim, K. Woo (1998) Study on the Demand Prediction for Transportation System Utilizing Data Granulization, Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 211-218.
- S. Oh, S. Hong (2000) A study on the effect factors of the railway passenger demand forecasting by the disaggregate model, Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, pp. 1445-1447.
- S. Oh, D. Kim (2001) A Study on the Seasonal Decomposition of the Railway Passenger Demand, Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 111-116.
- T. Choi, S. Kim (2004) An Empirical Comparison among Initialization Methods of Holt-Winters Model for Railway Passenger Demand Forecast, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 7(1), pp. 9-13.
- T. Tsai, C. Lee, C. Wei (2005) Design of dynamic neural networks to forecast short-term railway passenger demand, Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 6, pp. 1651-1666.
- H. Kim, D. Yun (2011) Travel Behavior Analysis for Shortterm Railroad Passenger Demand Forecasting in KTX, Proceedings of the Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 1282-1289.
- G. Box, G. Tiao (1975) Intervention analysis with applications to economic and environmental problems, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 70(349), pp. 70-79. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1975.10480264
- S. Cho, Y. Son (2010) Time Series Analysis using SAS/ETS, Yulgok Books, Seoul.
- S. Mo (2011) Demand Pattern of the Global Passengers: Sea and Air Transport, Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, 27(1), pp. 1-11.
- Forecasting Passenger Transport Demand Using Seasonal ARIMA Model - Focused on Joongang Line vol.17, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.4.307
- Short-term Railway Passenger Demand Forecasting by SARIMA Model vol.14, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12815/kits.2015.14.4.018
- Relationship Identification of Diffusion Effect on High-speed Rail Demand Increase vol.19, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.4.539