- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Flow Analysis in a Rotating Container with Axial Injection and Radial Ejection
축방향 유입과 반경방향 유출이 있는 회전용기 내의 유동해석
- Received : 2011.03.14
- Accepted : 2011.03.30
- Published : 2011.03.31
An investigation has been made of a viscous incompressible flow in a circular cylindrical tank. The flow is driven by the spinning bottom disk of tank together with/without central injection and radial uniform-ejection through the sidewall. Numerical solutions of steady and unsteady flows to 3-dimensional Navier-Stokes equation were obtained for several cases of injection strength. In a moderate flow rate of injection, the mass transfer occurs through the boundary layers but, as the flow rate increases, the inner region far from the container walls takes part in mass transfer.
- Owen, J.M. and Rogers, R.H., 1989, Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating-Disc System, Research Studies Press LTD.
- Benton, E.R. and Clark, J., 1974, “Spin-up”, Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech., 6, pp. 257-280. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fl.06.010174.001353
- Zandenbergen, P.J. and Dijkstra, D., 1987, “Von Karman swirling flows”, Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech., 19, pp. 465-491. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fl.19.010187.002341
- Saffman, P.G., 1992, Vortex dynamics, Cambridge Univ. Press.
- Duck, P.W. and Foster, M.R., 2001, “Spin-up of homogeneous and stratified fluids”, Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech., 33, pp. 231-263. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fluid.33.1.231
- Hide, R., 1968, “On Source-Sink Flows in a Rotating Fluid”, J. Fluid Mech., 32, pp. 737-764 https://doi.org/10.1017/S002211206800100X
- Lundgren, T.S., 1985, “The Vortical Flow above the Drain-hole in a Rotating Vessel”, J. Fluid Mech., 155, pp. 381-412. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112085001860
- Suh, Y.K. and Yeo, C.H., 2004, “Theoretical and Numerical Anaysis of Sink Flows under a Background Rotation”, J. KSV, 2(2), pp. 38-44.
- Patankar, S.V., 1980, Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Hemisphere.
- Greenspan, H.P., 1968, The Theory of Rotating Fluids, Cambridge Univ. Press.
- Stewartson, K, 1957, “On almost rigid rotations”, J. Fluid Mech., 3, pp. 17-26. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112057000452
- Veronis, G., 1970, “The Analogy between Rotating and Stratified Fluids”, Ann. Rev. Fluid Mech., 2, pp. 37-66. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.fl.02.010170.000345
- Patterson, J.C. and Imberger, J., 1980, “Unsteady Natural Covection in a Rectangular Cavity”, J. Fluid Mech., 100, pp. 65-86. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112080001012
- Bennetts, D.A. and Jackson, D.N., 1974, “Sourcesink flows in a rotating annulus: a combined laboratory and numerical study”, J. Fluid Mech., pp. 307-323.