- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Spray Angle and Break-up Characteristics of Supersonic Liquid Jets by an Impinging Methods with High Speed Projectile
초고속 발사체의 액체 저장부 충돌에 의한 초음속 액체 제트의 분무 속도 및 분열 특성
- Received : 2011.03.23
- Accepted : 2011.03.30
- Published : 2011.03.31
Pulsed supersonic liquid jets injected into an ambient air are empirically studied by using a high pressure ballistic range system. Ballistic range systems which are configured with high-pressure tube, pump tube, launch tube and liquid storage nozzle. Experimental studies are conducted to use with various impact nozzle geometry. Supersonic liquid jets are generated by an impact of high speed of the projectile. High speed liquid jets are injected with M = 3.2 which pressure is 1.19 GPa. Multiple jets which accompany with shock wave and pressure wave in front of the jet were observed. The shock-wave affects significantly atomization process for each spray droplets. As decreasing orifice diameter, the averaged SMD of spray jets had the decreasing tendency.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Bogdanoff, D. W. and Miller. R. J., 1995, “Improving the Performance of Two Stage Light Gas Guns by Adding a Diaphragm in the Pump Tube,” Intl. J. Impact Engineering, Vol. 17, pp. 81-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/0734-743X(95)99837-H
- K. Pianthong, K. Takayama, B. E. Milton, M. Behnia, 2005, “Multiple pulsed hypersonic liquid disel fuel jets driven by projectile impact,” Shock Waves, Digital Object Identifier (DOI) 10.1007/s00193-004-0237-2. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00193-004-0237-2
- F. P. Bowden and J. H. Brunton, 1958, “Damage to solids by liquid impact at supersonic speeds,” Nature, Vol. 181, No. 4613, pp. 873-75. https://doi.org/10.1038/181873a0
- F. P. Bowden and J. H. Brunton, 1961, “The deformation of solids by liquid impact at supersonic speeds,” Proceeding Royal Society London, A series, Vol. 263, pp. 433-50. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1961.0172
- J. D. O’Keefe, W. W. Wrinkle, and C. N. Scully, 1967, “Supersonic liquid jets,” Nature, vol. 213, pp. 23-5. https://doi.org/10.1038/213023a0
- H. H. Shi and K. Takayama, 1995, “Generation of high-speed liquid jets by high-speed impact of a projectile,” JSME International Journal, Series B, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 181-90. https://doi.org/10.1299/jsmeb.38.181
- H. H. Shi, K. Higashiura, and M. Itoh, 1999, “Generation of hypervelocity liquid jets using a powder gun and impact experiment,” Transaction of the Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Science, vol. 42, no. 135, pp. 9-8.
- T. Nakahira, M. Komori, M. Nishida, and K. Tsujimura, 1992, “The shock wave generation around the diesel fuel spray with high pressure injection,” SAE Technical Paper, no. 920460.
- K. Nishida, H. Ochiai, M. Arai, and H. Hiroyasu, 1997, “Characterization of diesel fuel spray by ultrahigh-pressure injection,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Part B, vol. 63, no. 605, pp. 344-49. https://doi.org/10.1299/kikaib.63.605_344
- 정대용, 2004, “극초고압 디젤분무의 액정분사압력 및 한계압력 규명에 관한 연구,” 성균관대학교 박사학위 논문.
- 이중근, 김희동, 구자예, 2010, “초음속 발사체의 쉴리렌 가시화,” 한국가시화정보학회 추계학술대회 발표논문집, pp. 73-74.