- Volume 35 Issue 2
This study determined the ship replacement life expectancy from an economic perspective. There are many ambiguities in the cost for calculation of economic lifespan, and these were expressed as fuzzy numbers. Also, a fuzzy cost model using fuzzy numbers was developed and suggested as a more practical analysis method than the existing cost model. And the suggested fuzzy model was used to determine the economic lifespan for various types of container ships. As the result, Without fuzziness, the economic lifespan of 5000 TEU Ships was found to be 19 years. it was found that the greater the container ship, the greater the economic lifespan was.
Economical replacement policy;Fuzzy number;Existing cost model;Fuzzy cost model;Economic lifespan
- Bae,E.H., Kim,K.M., Shin,C.H., Kim,D.H., Park,Y,K. (2010), The Analysis of Distribution Characteristic on the Operation Cost for Respective Transport Volumeand Travel Speed of New Transit System Bi-Modal Tram, Proceeding of The Korean Society for Railway Conference, pp. 2297-2302.
- Chang,P.T.(2005), Fuzzy strategic replacement analysis, European Journal of Operational Research 160, pp. 532–559. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2003.07.001
- Kang,I.J., Lee,J.S.(2002), Highway Maintenance Cost Optimization Using GSIS, Korean Society of surveying, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 367-374
- Kim,T.H., Kim,S.G.(1999), Dynamic Programming Model for Determining Optimal Replacement Policy for a Problem with Multiple Challengers, Proceeding ofJournal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society Conference, p. 583.
- Park,D.J., Kim,H., Nam,K.C.(2006), An Empirical Study on the Economic Benefit of Space Chartering , Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 30, No.80, pp. 663-668. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2006.30.8.663
- Terborgh, G.(1949), Dynamic Equipment Policy,McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Terborgh, G.(1958), Business Investment Policy, Machinery and Allied Products Institute, Washington,DC.