- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Comparison of the Mineral Contents of Sun-dried Salt Depending on Wet Digestion and Dissolution
습식분해 및 직접용해법에 따른 천일염 중 무기성분 함량 비교
- Jin, Yong-Xie (Division of Functional Food & Nutrition, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration(RDA)) ;
- Je, Jeong-Hwan (Division of Functional Food & Nutrition, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration(RDA)) ;
- Lee, Yeon-Hee (Division of Functional Food & Nutrition, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration(RDA)) ;
- Kim, Jin-Hyo (Department of Agro-food Safety, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration(RDA)) ;
- Cho, Young-Suk (Division of Functional Food & Nutrition, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration(RDA)) ;
- Kim, So-Young (Division of Functional Food & Nutrition, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration(RDA))
- 김영섭 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농식품자원부 기능성식품과) ;
- 제정환 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농식품자원부 기능성식품과) ;
- 이연희 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농식품자원부 기능성식품과) ;
- 김진효 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부 유해화학과) ;
- 조영숙 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농식품자원부 기능성식품과) ;
- 김소영 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농식품자원부 기능성식품과)
- Received : 2011.06.28
- Accepted : 2011.11.18
- Published : 2011.12.30
The aims of this research were to determine the proximate composition of various salts and to compare two digestion methods (direct digestion without heating, and microwave digestion) for the determination of the main mineral contents of various salts. Twelve salt samples were divided into three groups of four samples each (imported, Korean gray, and Korean white salts). As a result, the NaCl contents of the Korean white, Korean gray, and imported salts were 85.1, 89.3, and 91.3%, respectively. The salts in the three groups were analyzed for their main mineral contents via AAS. The sodium (Na) content of the Korean white salt was found to be slightly lower than that of the imported salt while the magnesium (Mg) and potassium (K) contents of the Korean white salt were found to be higher than those of the imported salt. The mineral composition (% Na:Mg) obtained using microwave-assisted digestion procedures, and the other dissolutions for the subsequent sample analysis, were 89:1 (for both the imported and Korean gray salts) and 82:3 vs. 81:3 (Korean white salt), respectively. The data regarding the mineral contents and composition of the sun-dried salts obtained through the analysis method of wet digestion and the dissolution procedure were compared, and no significant difference was found between the two datasets. Consequently, in this paper, a direct dissolution procedure is suggested for the analysis of the mineral composition of salt.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Kim DH, Rhim JW, Lee SB (2003) Characteristics of Seaweed Salts Prepared with Various Seaweeds. Korean J Food Sci Technol, 35, 62-66.
- Ha JO, Park KY (1998) Comparison of Mineral Contents and External Structure of Various Salts. J Korean Soc Food sci nutr, 27, 413-418.
- Park JW, Kim SJ, kim SH, Kim BH, Kang SG, Nam SH, Jung ST (2000) Determination of mineral and heavy metal contents of various salts. Korean J Food Sci Technol, 32, 1442-1445.
- Park HO, Jang JS (2009) Effect of salts on the hardness of cubed white radish. Korean J Food & Nutr, 22, 238-245.
- Chang M, Kim IC, Chang HC (2010) Effect of Solar Salt on the Quality Characteristics of Doenjang. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, 39, 116-124. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.1.116
- Kim H, Choi CR, Ham KS (2007) Quality Characteristics of White Pan Breads Prepared with Various Salts. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, 36, 72-80. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.1.072
- Chang JY, Kim IC, Chang HC (2011) Effect of solar salt on the fermentation characteristics of kimchi. Korean J Food Preserv, 18, 256-265 https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.2.256
- Korean food and drug administration (2009) Food standards codex. Korean foods industry association.
- Heo OS, Oh SH, Shin HS, Kim MR (2005) Mineral and Heavy Metal Contents of Salt and Salted-fermented Shrimp. Korean J Food Sci Technol, 37, 519-524.
- Lee KD, Park JW, Choi CR, Song HW, Yun SK, Yang HC, Ham KS (2007) Salinity and Heavy Metal Contents of Solar Salts Produced in Jeollanamdo Province of Korea. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr, 36, 753-758. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.6.753
- Jo EJ, Shin DH (1998) Study on the Chemical Compositions of Sun-dried, Refined, and Processed Salt Produced in Chonbuk Area. J Fd Hyg Safety, 13, 360-364.
- Effect of Sterilization Conditions on Physicochemical and Sensory Properties of Three Korean Fried Rice Sauces vol.25, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2015.10.25.5.860
- Elemental Analysis of Sea, Rock, and Bamboo Salts by Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission and Mass Spectrometry vol.49, pp.17, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1080/00032719.2016.1158831
- Evaluation of mineral, heavy metal and phthalate contents in mudflat solar salt and foreign salt vol.21, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.4.520
- Analysis of components according to different collecting time and production method in sun-dried salt vol.20, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2013.20.6.791
- Physicochemical Properties and Microbial Analysis of Korean Solar Salt and Flower of Salt vol.42, pp.7, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.7.1115
- Effects of Various Kinds of Salt on the Quality and Storage Characteristics of Tteokgalbi vol.34, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2014.34.5.604
- Quality Characteristics of Regional Traditional and Commercial Soy Sauce (Ganjang) vol.33, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.1.45