- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Numerical Analysis of Flow Phenomena in Cylindrical Shell with Baffle according to the Position of Inlet and Outlet
출.입구 위치에 따른 배플을 갖는 원통내 유동특성에 대한 수치해석
- 신용한 (경상대학교 대학원 정밀기계공학과) ;
- 사이드 (경상대학교 대학원 정밀기계공학과) ;
- 전영철 ((주)유엔에스) ;
- 정한식 (경상대학교 정밀기계공학과.해양산업연구소) ;
- 정효민 (경상대학교 정밀기계공학과.해양산업연구소)
- Received : 2010.12.07
- Accepted : 2011.08.11
- Published : 2011.12.31
A numerical simulation on the flow field was carried out on the cylindrical shell with baffles. The steady incompressible 3-D Navier-Stokes solution is obtained with the actual operational condition and geometry of the heat exchanger. The effect of the location of inlet and outlet on the cylindrical shell with baffle is investigated by varying flow rate. The angle between the location of In/Outlet and baffle cutting part is
Supported by : 지식경제부
- P. Dutta and S. Dutta, 1998, Effect of Baffle Size, Perforation on Internal Heat Transfer Enhancement, Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 41, No. 19, pp. 2133-2147.
- T. Tinker, 1958, "Shell-side characteristics of shell-and-tube heat exchangers : a simplified rating system for commercial heat exchangers", Trans. ASME, pp. 36-52.
- P. Stehlik, J. Nemcansky and D. Kral, 1994, "Comparison of correction factors for shell-and-tube heat exchangers with segmental or helical baffles", Heat Transfer Engineering, Vol. 15, pp. 55-65. https://doi.org/10.1080/01457639408939818
- Huadong Li and Volker Kottke, "Effect of baffle spacing on pressure drop and local heat transfer in shell-and-tube heat exchangers for staggered tube arrangement," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1303-1311, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(97)00201-9
- R. K. Shah and A. Pignotti, 1997, "Influence of a finite number of baffles on Shell and Tube heat exchanger performance" Heat Transfer Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 82-94. https://doi.org/10.1080/01457639708939891
- S. C. Lee, Y. W. Cho and S. C. Nam, 1997, "Effect of Baffle Parameters on heat transfer in shell and tube heat exchangers" KSME(B),Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 185-194.
- M. K. Park, Y. H. Lee and S. Y. Kim, 2001, "An experimental study of Shell and Tube heat exchanger performance with baffle spacing," KSME(B), Vol. 25, No. 12, pp. 1748-1755.