- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Exploratory Study of Examining the Antecedents of Employee's Organizational Change Commitment : Focusing On Affective and Normative Commitment
조직변화에 대한 구성원의 정서적 몰입과 규범적 몰입에 영향을 미치는 선행변수에 대한 탐색적 연구
- 김영균 (인천대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2011.09.27
- Accepted : 2011.10.26
- Published : 2011.12.30
The purpose of this study is to examine the antecedents of employee's organizational change commitment during organizational change. We propose that leader-member exchange (LMX) and trust in the organization could foster employee's commitment to change. A theoretical model linking the role of leader-member exchange and trust in the organization to affective commitment and normative commitment to organizational change through leadership have tested in a study of 303 respondents from 15 organizations reporting that their organizations were undergoing significant change due to the turmoil environment and M&A. We develop the hypotheses from the prior studies and empirically test them in the context of personnels who have survived from the drastic organizational changes. Based on the analyzed results, we discussed the theoretical implications and limitations.
Supported by : 인천대학교
- 구자숙, "조직내 신뢰: 개념화와 연구동향", 한국심리학회지, 2005, Vol. 11, pp. 69-83.
- 김영균, "IS 인력의 조직내 갈등이 이직의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 한국산업정보학회지, 2010, Vol. 15, pp. 71-82.
- 김종원, 김은정, "SCM 기업들의 IT전략이 IT투자와 경영성과에 미치는 영향", 한국산업정보학회지, 2000, Vol. 14, pp.59-71.
- 박혜진, 유태용, "상사의 리더십, 조직의 변화 준비성이 조직변호몰입에 미치는 영향과 적응수행, 조직변화지지행동에 대한 조직변화몰입의 효과", 한국심리학회지, 2000, Vol. 22, No.1, pp. 131-153.
- Adams, J. S., "Inequity in social exchange". In L. Berkowitz(Ed.), Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, 1965, Vol. 2, San Diego, CA Academic Press. pp. 267-299.
- Allen, N. J., & Meyer, J. P., "The Measuement and antacedents of affective, continuance, and normative commitment to the organization", Journal of Occupational Psychology, 1990, Vol. 63, pp.1-18. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00506.x
- Armenakis , A. A., Harris, S., G.,, & Feild, H., "Paradigms in Organizational Change: Change Agent & Change Target Perspectives in Handbook of Organizational Behavior, edited by Robert T . Golembiewski , 1999, 631 - 658 . New York : Marcel Dekker.
- Becker, L.C., 'Reciprocity', 1986, New York: Routledge & Kegan Paul.
- Cunnningham, G. B., "The relationships among commitment to change, coping with change, and turnover intentions", European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 2006, Viol. 15, pp. 29-45. https://doi.org/10.1080/13594320500418766
- Dirks, K. T., & Ferrin, D. L., "Trust in leadership:Meta-analytic findings and implications for research and practice", Journal of Applied Psychology, 2002, vol. 87, pp. 611-628. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.87.4.611
- Duchon, D., Green, S., & Taber, T, "Vertical Dyad Linkage: A Longgitudinal Assesment of Antecedents, Measures, and Consequences, Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 71, Is. 1, 1986, pp. 56-60. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.71.1.56
- Folger, R., "Reaction to mistreatment at work", In J. K. Murnghan (Ed.), Social Psychology in Organizations: Advaces in Theory and Research, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1993, pp. 161-183.
- Furst, S. A., & Cable, D. M., "Employee Resistence to Organizational Change: Managerial Influence Tactics and Leader-Member Exchange", Journal of Applied Psychology, 2008, vol. 93, pp. 453-462. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.93.2.453
- George, J. M., & Jones, G. R., "Towards a process model of individual change in organization". 2001, Human Relations, Vol. 54, pp. 419-443 https://doi.org/10.1177/0018726701544002
- Gerstner, C. R., & Day, D. V., "Meta- analytic review of leader - member exchange theory: Correlates and construct issues. Journal of Applied Psychology, 1997, 82, 827-844. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.82.6.827
- Graen, G. B., & Scandura, T. A. "Toward a psychology of dyadic organizing". Research on Organizational Behavior, 1987, 9, 175-208.
- Graen, G. B., & Mary UHL-Bien, "Relationship Based Approach to Leadership: Development of Leader-Member Exchange(LMX) theory of leadership over 25 years: Applying a multi level multi-domain perspective, The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 6, Is. 2, 1995, pp. 219-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(95)90036-5
- Graen, G. B., Liden, R. C., & Hoel, W., "Role of leadership in the employee withdrawal process". Journal of Applied Psychology, 1982, 67, 868-872. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.67.6.868
- Herscovitch, L., & Meyer, J. P., "Commitment to Organizatioanl Change: Extension of Three Component Model", 2002, Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 87, pp. 474-487. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.87.3.474
- Howell, J., & Hall-Merenda, K.,"The ties that bind: The impact of leader-member exchange, transformational leadership and transactional leadership, and distance on predicting follower" Journal of Applied Psychology, 1999,vol. 84, Is. 5, pp. 680-694 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.84.5.680
- Kacmar, K. M., Carlson, D. S., & Brymer, R. A., "Antecedents and consequences of organizational commitment: A comparison of two scales". Educational and Psychological Measurement, 1999, 59, 976-994. https://doi.org/10.1177/00131649921970297
- Klein, K. J., & Sorra, J. S., "The Challenge of innovation implementation", Aazdemy of Management Review, 21, pp. 1055-1080
- Krarrer, M. W. "A longitudinal study of superior-subordinate communication during job transfers. Human Communication Research, 1995, 22, 39-64. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2958.1995.tb00361.x
- Kramer, R. M., & Tyler, T. R., "Trust in Organization", Frontiers of Theory and Research, 1996, Thousand Oaks, California, Sage.
- Liden, R. C., Wayne, S. J., & Sparrowe, R. T., "An examination of the mediating role of psychological empowerment on the relations between the job, interpersonal relationships, and work outcomes". Journal of Applied Psychology, 2000, 85, 407-416. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.85.3.407
- Lee, K., Kim, J., Scandura, T., and Sharif, M., "An Investigation of the Effects of Cultural Values and Inerpersonal Conflict on the Relationship among Participation in Decision Making, Procedural Justice, and Commitment to Organizational Change" 2011, Working paper.
- Mansour-Cole, D. M., & Scott, S. G., "Hearing it through grapevine: The influence of source, leader-relations, and legitimacy on supervisors' fairness perceptions", Personal Psychology, 1998, vol. 51, pp. 25-54. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1998.tb00715.x
- Mishra, A. K., & Spreitzer, G. M., "Explaining How Survivors Respond to Downsizing: The Roles of Trust, Empowerment, Justice, and Work Redesign", The Academy of Management Review, 1998, 23(3), pp. 567-588.
- Oreg, S., "Personality, context and resistence to organizational change", European Journal af Work and Organizational Psychology, 2006, Vol. 15, pp. 73-101. https://doi.org/10.1080/13594320500451247
- Piderit, S. K., "Rethinking resistence and recognizing ambivalence", Academy of Management Review, 2000, 25(4), pp. 537-554.
- Porras, J., & Robertson, P., "Organizational development: Theory, practice and research. In M. Dunnette & Hough (Eds.), Handbook of industrial and organizational psychology, 1992, Palo Alto, CA, pp. 719-822.
- Robinson, S. L., "Trust and Breach of the Psychological Contract", Administrative Science Quarterly, 1996, Vol. 41,pp. 574-599 https://doi.org/10.2307/2393868
- Robinson, S. L., & Morrison, E. W., "Psychological contracts and OCB: The Effect of unfulfilled obligations on civic virtue behavior", Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 16, Iss. 3, 1995, pp.289-298. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030160309
- Robinson, S. L., & Rousseau, D. M., ''Violating the Psychological Contract: Not the exception but the norm", Journal of Organizational Behavior, 1994, Vol. 15, Is. 3, pp. 245-259. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030150306
- Rousseau, D. M., & Tijoriwala, S. A., "What's a Good Reason to Change? Motivated Reasoning and social accounts in Promoting Organizational change", Journal af Applied Psychology, 1999, Vol. 84, Is. 4, pp. 514-528. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.84.4.514
- Scandura, T. A., Graen, G. B., & Novak, M. A., "When Managers Decide Not to Decide Autocratically: An Investigation of Leader-Member Exchange and Decision Influence", Journal of Psychology, 1986, Vol. 71, Is. 4, pp. 579-584.
- Scandura, T. A., & Sharif, M., "The Attitude of Gratitude: Job Gratitude and Leadership During Organizational Change, Working Paper.
- Sparrowe, R. T., & Liden, R. C. "Two routes to influence: Integrating leader-member exchange and network perspectives". Administrative Science Quarterly, 2005, 50, 505-535. https://doi.org/10.2189/asqu.50.4.505
- Stanley, D. J., Meyer, J. P., & Toplnysky, L., "Employee cynism and resistance to organizational change", Journal of Business Psychology, 2005, Vol. 19, pp. 429-459. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10869-005-4518-2
- Snyder, R., & Bruning, N.," Quality of vertical Dyad Linkages: Congruence of Supervisor and Subordinate Competence and Role Stress as Explanatory Variables", Organization Management, 1985, Vol. 10, IS. 1, pp. 81-94.
- Tan, H. H., & Tan, C. S. F., "Toward the Differentiation of Trust in Supervisor and Trust in Organization", Genetic, Social, and General Psychology Monograph, 2000, Vol. 126, Iss. 2, pp. 241-260.
- Tierney, P., "Work relations as a precursor to a psychological climate for change:The role of work group supervisors and peers", Journal of Organizational Change Management, 1999, Vol. 12, pp. 120-133. https://doi.org/10.1108/09534819910263668
- Van Dam, K.,"Employee attitude toward job changes: An application and extention of Rusbult and Farrell's model", Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 2005, Vol. 78, pp. 253-272. https://doi.org/10.1348/096317904X23745