- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Residual Stress Distribution in Thick Plate Welded Material Using Indentation Equipment
압입시험기를 이용한 후판용접재의 잔류응력 분포에 관한 연구
Huh, Sun-Chul;Kim, Gwi-Nam;Lee, Jong-Seok;Park, Cheol-Hong;Park, Joun-Sung;Park, Won-Jo
- Received : 2011.09.07
- Accepted : 2011.12.23
- Published : 2011.12.31
Recently, the production of shipbuilding and offshore plant industries, with a trend toward large structures, has led to an increased use of high strength ultra-thick plates. The use of ultra-thick plates increases the welding tasks, and the welding process generates distortion and residual stress in the weldment because of the rapid heating and cooling. Welding distortion and residual stress in the welded structure resulte in many troubles such as deformation and life deterioration. In particular, the welding residual stress has an important effect on welding deformation, fatigue, buckling strength, brittleness, etc. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the residual stress at a multi-pass weldment using an experimental method for EH36 high-tension steel. In this experimental method, AIS3000 was used to measure the residual stress of a welded part, HAZ, and base metal; EPMA and XRD were used to study the material properties.
AIS3000;Heat affected zone(HAZ);Residual stress;X-ray diffractometry(XRD);Electron prove micro analyzer(EPMA);Thick plate welded material
- Bang, H.S. and Go, M.S. (2009). "A Study on Characteristics of Welding Residual Stress in EGW Welded Joints of High Strength Ultra Thick EH36-TMCP Steels for Container Ship", Journal of Advanced Engineering and Technology, Vol 2, No 3, pp 217-222.
- Bang, H.S., Lee, Y.K., Kim, H.S. and Lee, K.J. (2010). "A Study of the Residual Stress Characteristics of FCAW Multi- Pass Butt Joint for an Ultra-Thick Plate" KSOE, Vol 24, No 2, pp 62-66.
- Bang, H.S., Yoon, B.H., Kim, Y.P. and Rim, C.H. (2003). "Welding Residual Stress Distribution Characteristics of High Tensile Steel for Ship Structures in Laser Welding", Journal of the korean welding & joining society, pp 291-295.
- Chang, K.H., Lee, C.A., Shin, Y.E., (2004), A Study on the High temperature tensile property and the Characteristics of residual stress in welds of high strength steels", Journal of KWS, Vol 22, No 4, August
- Jang, J.I., Son, D.G., Choi, Y., Kwon, D.G., Park, S.K. and Kim, W.S., (2002), Application of Continuous Indentation Testing Method for Evaluation the Strength Performences of Weldment, Journal of KWS, Vol 20, No 22
- Shin, S.B., Lee, D.J. and Park, D.H. (2010). "A Study on The Evaluation of Transverse Residual Stress at The Multi-pass FCA Butt Weldment Using FEA", Journal of KWJS, Vol 28, No 4, pp 380-386.
- 김준형, 방희선, 김창욱, 방한서 (2009). "외력작용시 극후판 EH-36-TMCP강 EGW용접부 잔류응력 및 노치선단부의 역학적 특성 고찰", 한국해양과학기술협의회 공동학술대회, pp 1677-1680.
- 김현수, 방희선, 장봉중, 방한서, (2009). "외력의 영향을 고려한 FCAW의 극후판 EH36-TMCP강의 용접부 및 노치부의 용접잔류응력에 관한 연구", 2009년도 한국해양과학기술협의회공동학술대회, pp 1667-1671.
- 이해우, 이동진, 강성원, (2008), "후판 용접부 횡균열 발생에 미치는 잔류응력의 영향", 대한용접.접합학회지, 제26권, 제4호, pp 41-43. https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2008.26.4.041
- 정천영, 손상훈, 손혜정, 공유식, 김선진, (2010). "해양구조물 강재의 다층 FCA용접에 의한 버트 용접부의 특성 및 피로균열 발생, 한국해양공학회 2010년도 추계학술대회 논문집, pp 353-356.
Supported by : 한국과학재단. 한국산업진흥원