- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
UNSM Surface Technology for Manufacturing and Remanufacturing Torsion Bars for Crawler Vehicles
초음파 나노표면개질을 적용한 궤도차량용 토션바 제조 및 재제조용 표면 개질기술에 관한 연구
Suh, Chang-Min;Pyoun, Young-Sik;Cho, In-Ho;Baek, Un-Bong
- Received : 2011.08.11
- Accepted : 2011.12.23
- Published : 2011.12.31
The Ultrasonic Nanocrystal Surface Modification (UNSM) technology improves the fatigue life of a torsion bar by inducing compressive residual stress on the surface layer. The UNSM is applied to replace the presetting method and shot peening technology. The torsion bar must be changed periodically because of a lack of durability and a phenomenon related to the stress relaxation. The torsion fatigue test specimens were made of DIN17221 material, and the results showed that the fatigue life was 5 times more than under durability test conditions. A comparison test between the commercial vehicles' presetting method and shot peened torsion bar and the UNSM torsion bar showed that the UNSM could replace the presetting method and shot peening.
Torsion bar;Remanufacturing;Ultrasonic nanocrystal surface modification UNSM;Presetting;Shot peening SP;Stress relaxation
- Altenberger, I. (2005). "Deep Rolling - The Past, The Present and The Future", Proc. 9th Int. Conf. on Shot Peening, pp 144-155.
- Prevey, P. and Jayaraman, N. (2005). "Overview of Low Plasticity Burnishing for Mitigation of Fatigue Damage Mechanisms", Proc. 9th Int. Conf. on Shot Peening, pp 267-272.
- Suh, C.M., Kim, M.H., Baek, U.B., Pyun, Y.S., Kim, C.S. and Chi, C.H. (2010). "A Stduy on The Alternative Technonogy Using UNSM Instead of The Persetting Method for Torsion Bar", International journal of modern physics B, Vol 24, Nos 15-16, pp 2435-2440. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217979210065052
- Suh, C.M., Lee, M.H. and Pyoun, Y.S. (2010). "Fatigue Characteristics of SKD-61 by Ultrasonic Nanocrystal Surface Modification Technology Under Static Load Variation", International journal of modern physics B, Vol 24, Nos 15-16, pp 2645-2650. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217979210065404
- Suh, C.M., Pyun, Y.S. (2011). "Improvement of VHCF Properties of AISI 1045, 4137, 52100 & H13 Steel by UNSM Treatment", 2011년도 한국해양공학회 춘계학술대회.
- Suh, C.M., Song, G.H., Park, H.D. and Pyoun, Y.S. (2006). "A Study on the Mechanical Characteristic of Ultrasonic Cold Forged SKD61", Inter. Journal of Modern Physics B, Vol 20 Nos 25-27, pp 4541-4546. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217979206041653
- Suh, C.M., Song, G.H., Suh, M.S. and Pyoun, Y.S. (2007). "Fatigue and Mechanical Characteristic of Nano-structured Tool Steel by Ultrasonic Cold Forging Technology", Materials Science and Engineering A 443, pp 101-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2006.08.066
- Thomas, M.B. (2002). "High Cycles Fatigue (HCF) Science and Technology Program 2001 Annual Report", AFRL-PRWP-TR-2002-2060.
- Watanabe, Y., Hasegawa, N. and Duchazeaubeneix J.M. (2003). "Effect of Ultrasonic Shot Peening on Fatigue Strength of High Strength Steel", Proc. 8th Int. Conf. on Shot Peening, pp 306-310.
- 서창민, 편영식 (2011). "VHCF(>Mega cycle fatigue)와 표면처리 기술의 연구", 2011년도 한국해양공학회 춘계학술대회.
- 편영식, 박정현, 조인호, 김창식, 서창민 (2009). "초음파 나노표면개질기술의 특성과 활용방안 연구", 대한기계학회논문집 (A), 33-3 pp 190-195. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.3.190
- A study on Process Characteristics Using Fast Tool Servo based Surface Texturing vol.31, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2014.31.12.1127