- Volume 25 Issue 6
As is well appreciated, welding is the most important fundamental process in manufacturing marine structures. However, weld-induced deformation is inevitable because of the non-uniform distribution of temperature during welding. The deformation caused by welding is one of the principal obstacles in enhancing the productivity in the manufacturing procedure for marine structures. This should be much more seriously considered in the case of the thin blocks found in a ship with multi-deck structures. This paper is concerned with the deformation control of thin panel blocks by applying intermittent welding to fillet welding. In order to investigate the quantitative effect of the intermittent welding, a thermo elasto-plastic analysis was carried out with various welding pitches and plate thicknesses. Welding tests were also carried out to show the validity of the present thermo-elasto-plastic analysis. Numerical analysis results showed good agreement with those of the welding tests. As far as the present numerical results are concerned, it has been seen that a more than 50% reduction in angular distortion can be achieved by applying the intermittent welding because of the low heat input.
Intermittent welding;Fillet welding;Pitch of welding part;Thermo elasto-plastic analysis;Weld-induced deformation
- Masubuchi K. (1980). Analysis of Welded Structures, Pergamon Press, Oxford.
- 김상일 (2003). "필릿 용접변형에 대한 간이 예측 모델 개발", 대한조선학회논문집, 제40권 제2호, pp 49-56. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2003.40.2.049
- 신대희, 신상범, 이주성 (2007). "유한요소해석을 이용한 채널 I 형 잠호 맞대기 용접부의 변형 및 잔류 응력 예측에 관한 연구", 대한조선학회논문집, 제44권 제6호, pp 598-604. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2007.44.6.598
- 이주성 (2004). "평블록의 용접변형제어에 관한 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제18권 제1호, pp 35-40.
- 이주성, 김철호 (2006). "장력법을 적용한 선체 박판블록의 변형 감소방안에 관한 실험연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제20권 제3호, pp 103-108.
- 장창두, 서승일 (1998). "열탄소성해석에 의한 잔류 응력 계산" 대한조선학회논문집, 제6권 제4호, pp 49-56.
- 한성우 (2009). 보강재 형태에 따른 박판 패널블록의 열변형 특성연구, 울산대학교 공학석사 학위 논문.
Supported by : 울산대학교