- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Realtime Simulator for Multibody Dynamics Analysis of Wheeled Vehicle on Soft Soil
연약지반을 고려한 차량 실시간 시뮬레이터 개발
Hong, Sup;Kim, Hyung-Woo;Cho, Yun-Sung;Cho, Hui-Je;Jung, Ji-Hyun;Bae, Dae-Sung
- Received : 2011.09.15
- Accepted : 2011.12.23
- Published : 2011.12.31
A realtime simulator using an explicit integration method is introduced to improve the solving performance for the dynamic analysis of a wheeled vehicle. Because a full vehicle system has many parts, the development of a numerical technique for multiple d.o.f. and ground contacts has been required to achieve a realtime dynamics analysis. This study proposes an efficient realtime solving technique that considers the wheeled vehicle dynamics behavior with full degrees of freedom and wheel contact with soft ground such as sand or undersea ground. A combat vehicle was developed to verify this method, and its dynamics results are compared with commercial programs using implicit integration methods. The combat vehicle consists of a chassis, double wishbone type front and rear suspension, and drive train. Some cases of vehicle dynamics analysis are carried out to verify the realtime ratio.
Multi-body dynamics analysis;Soft soil;Realtime simulator;Explicit integrator;Relative coordinate
- Bae D. S., Lee J. K., Cho H. J. and Yae H. (2000). "An explicit Integration Method for Realtime Simulation of Multibody Vehicle Models". Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering Volume 187, Issues 1-2, 23 June, pp 337-350. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7825(99)00138-3
- Bae D.S. and Haug E.J. (1987). "A Recursive Formulation for Constrained Mechanical System Dynamics: Part II. Closed Loop Systems", Mech. Struct. and Machines, Vol 15, No 4, pp 481-506. https://doi.org/10.1080/08905458708905130
- Bae D.S., Kim H.W., Yoo H.H. and Suh M.S. (1999). "A Decoupling Solution Method for Implicit Numerical Integration of Constrained Mechanical System," Mechanics of Structures and Machines, Vol 27, No 2, pp 129-141. https://doi.org/10.1080/08905459908915692
- DAFUL (2009). User's Manual, Ver 3.0, Virtual Motion.
- Hong, S., Kim, H.W. and Choi J.S. (2002). "A Method for 3-D Dynamic Analysis of Tracked Vehicles on Soft Terrain of Seafloor", Fall KCORE Conference, pp 149-154.
- Kim, H.W., Hong, S. and Choi, J.S. (2003). "Comparative Study on Tracked Vehicle Dynamics on Soft Soil : Single-Body Dynamics vs. Multi-Body Dynamics", Proceedings of The Fifth ISOPE Ocean Mining Symposium, pp 132-138.
- 이철호 (2004). "Driving Simulator을 위한 프로그램 개발". 한양대학교. 석사학위논문.
Grant : 심해저 집광시스템 및 채광운용기술 개발지원, 유인/무인 전투화량 실시간 동력학 모듈개발
Supported by : 한국해양연구원, 국방과학연구소