- Volume 21 Issue 6
Quality Characteristics of Muffins Containing Bokbunja (Rubus coreus Miquel) Powder
복분자 분말을 첨가한 머핀의 품질특성
- Ko, Dae-Young (Dept. of Culinary and Food Service Management, Sejong University) ;
- Hong, Ha-Young (Dept. of Culinary and Food Service Management, Sejong University)
- Received : 110105
- Accepted : 2011.12.05
- Published : 2011.12.31
In this study, muffins containing Bokbunja, popularly known as a psychological activator and functional material, was made, and its preference levels and qualitative characteristics were evaluated. We measured the height and weight of muffins containing Bokbunja powder. Height decreased when the volume of Bokbunja powder increased (p<0.001). When weight was measured, there was no meaningful difference between the samples, although the Bokbunja powder-containing samples were heavier than the samples not containing Bokbunja powder. When we measured the weight and specific volume of the muffins containing Bokbunja powder, the specific volume decreased when the amount of Bokbunja powder increased (p<0.001). The moisture and pH levels of the muffins not containing Bokbunja powder were 17.04% and pH 8.59, respectively. As the volume of Bokbunja powder increased, the moisture level of Bokbunja muffin increased while the pH decreased, and there was a significant difference (p<0.001). As a result of measuring the colors of muffins, the brightness of the muffins containing Bokbunja powder decreased, and the muffins showed decreased yellowness index and increased redness. In measuring the texture of Bokbunja muffins, hardness decreased as the volume of Bokbunja power increased (p<0.001). Further, springness of the muffins decreased as the volume of Bokbunja powder increased, and there was a significant difference (p<0.001). The chewiness of the muffins not containing Bokbunja powder was higher than any other muffin sample, and there was a significant difference between the samples (p<0.001). Further, the cohesiveness of the decreased as the volume of Bokbunja powder increased (p<0.001). Bokbunja muffins showed a lower gumminess index than those not containing Bokbunja powder (p< 0.05). When the sensual qualities of the muffins were measured, the color, flavor, taste, and softness of all of the samples showed significant differences (p<0.001), and the muffins containing 8% Bokbunja powder showed the highest sensual quality indexes. When the general preference level for the muffins was measured, the muffins containing 8% Bokbunja powder showed the highest index, 7.03
- 김종욱 (2006) 제과 제빵 기능사 실기 및 실무. 백산출판사, 서울. pp 231-232.
- 원태연, 정성원 (2001) 통계조사분석. (주)데이타솔루션, 서울. pp 253-262.
- AACC (1983) Approved Method of AACC 8th ed. American association of cereal chemists, St. Paul MN.
- Ahn CS, Yuh CS (2004) Sensory evaluations of the muffins with mulberry leaf powder and their chemical characteristics. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 14: 576-581.
- An HL, Heo SJ, Lee KS (2010) Quality characteristics of muffins with xylitol. Korean J of Culinary Research 16: 307- 316.
- Cho EJ, Yang MO, Hwang CH, Kim WJ, Kim MJ, Lee MK (2006) Quality characteristics of sulgidduk added with Rubus coreanum Miquel during storage. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 16: 458-467.
- Cho WG, Han SK, Sin JH, Lee JW (2008) Antioxidant of heating pork and antioxidative activities of Rubus coreanus Miq. extracts. J Korean Food Sci Nutr 37: 820-825. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.7.820
- Chung HJ (2006) Quality characteristics of low-fat muffins containing whey protein concentrate. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22: 890-897.
- Han MR, Kim MH (2007) Quality characteristics and storage improvement studies of Rubus coreanus added soybean curd. Food Engineering Progress 11: 168-174.
- Heo SJ, An HL, Lee KS (2010) Physical properties and sensory evaluation of muffins with trehalose. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research 16: 13-23.
- Hong JY, Kim EJ, Shin SR, Kim TW, Lee IJ, Yoon KY (2008) Physicochemical properties of cheonggukjang containing Kerea red ginseng and Rubus coreanum. Korean J Food Preserv 15: 872-877.
- Hwang SH, Ko SH (2010) Quality characteristics of muffins containing domestic blueberry (V. corymbosum). J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 727-734.
- Im JG, Kim YS, Ha TY (1998) Effect of sorghum flour addition on the quality characteristics of muffin. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 1158-1162.
- Jeong SY, Jeong SH, Kim HJ, Kim MR (2002) Sensory characteristics of functional muffin prepared with ferulic acid and p-hydroxybenzoic acid. J Korean Food Cookery Sci 18: 476-481.
- Jin TY, Heo SL, Lee WG, Lee IS, Wang MH (2008) Manufacturing characteristics and physicochemical component analysis of bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel) jam. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 48-52. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.1.48
- Jung JY, Kim SA, Chung HJ (2005) Quality characteristics of low-fat muffin containing corn bran fider. J Korean Food Sci Nutr 34: 694-699. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.5.694
- Jung SJ, Kim NY, Jang MS (2008) Formulation optimization of salad dressing added with bokbunja (Rubus coreus Miquel) juice. J Korean Food Sci Nutr 37: 497-504. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.4.497
- Kim KH, Lee SY, Yook HS (2009) Quality characteristics of muffins prepared with flowerinf cherry(Pruns serrulata L. var. spontanea Max. Wils.) fruit powder. J. Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 750-756. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.6.750
- Kim SJ, Lee JH, Park KH, Rhee CO, Lim IJ, Chung HJ, Moon JH (2008) Isolation and identification of low molecular phenolic antioxidants from ethylacetate layer of Korean black rasberry (Rubus coreus Miquel) wine. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 129-134
- Lee SM, Joo NM (2007) The optimization of muffin with the addition dried sweet pumkin powder. J Korean Diet Assoc 13: 368-378.
- Lee YJ, Woo KS, Jeong HS, Kim WJ (2010) Quality characteristics of muffin with added dukeum (pan-fried) ramie leaf (Boehmeria nivea) powder using response surface methodology. Korean J Food Cultuer 25: 810-819.
- Park SH, Lim SI (2007) Quality characteristics of muffin added red yeast rice flour. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39: 272-275.
- Ryu SY, Jung HS, Park SH, Shin JH, Jung HA, Joo NM (2008) Optimization of muffins containing dried leek powder using response surface methodology. J Korean Diet Assoc 14: 105-113.
- Seo EO, Ko SH, Kim KW (2009) Quality characteristics of muffins containing chungkukjang powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 19: 635-640.
- Shin JH, Yeon RS, Lee SM, Jeong HS, Paik JE, Joo NM (2008) Optimization of formulation condition for muffins with added broccoli powder. Korean J Food Cultuer 23: 621-628.
- Sung KH, Lee JH (2009) A study on quality characteristics of teriyaki sauce with added Rubus coreanus Miquel. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 39: 750-756.
- Yang SM, Kang MJ, Kim SH, Shin JH, Sung NJ (2010) Quality characteristics of functional muffin containing black garlic extract powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 26: 737-744.
- Yoon SR, Jeong YJ, Lee GD, Kwon JH (2003) Changes in phenolic compounds properties of Rubi fructus extract depending on extraction conditions. J Korean Food Sci Nutr 32: 338-345. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.3.338
- Yu OK, Back HI, Cha YS (2008) Quality characteristics of pudding added with bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel) fruit juice and bokbunja wine. Korean J Food Culture 23: 610- 620.
- Yu OK, Kim MA, Rho JO, Sohn HS, Cha YS (2007) Quality characteristics and the optimization recipes of chocolate added with bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36: 1193-1197. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.9.1193