- Volume 11 Issue 2
The facial recognition algorithms using Gabor wavelet based face graph produce very good performance while they have some weakness such as a large amount of computation and an irregular result depend on initial location. We proposed a fully automatic facial recognition algorithm using a Gabor feature based geometric deformable face graph matching. The initial location and size of a face graph can be selected using Adaboost detection results for speed-up. To find the best face graph with the face model graph by updating the size and location of the graph, the geometric transformable parameters are defined. The best parameters for an optimal face graph are derived using an optimization technique. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithm can produce very good performance with recognition rate 96.7% and recognition speed 0.26 sec for FERET database.
Facial Recognition;Face Graph;Gabor Jet;Fully Automatic Facial Recognition
- P. J. Phillips, H. Moon, P. J. Rauss, and S. A. Rizvi, "The FERET Evaluation Methodology for Face Recognition Algorithms," IEEE Trans. on PAMI. Vol.22, pp.1090-1104, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.879790
- P. Viola and M. Jones, "Robust Real-Time Face Detection," International Journal of Computer Vision, Vol.57, No.2, pp.137-154, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000013087.49260.fb
- W. Lee, J. Kim, and B. Lee, "Real-Time Face Detection and Tracking Using the Adaboost Algorithm," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol.9, No.10, pp.1266-1275, 2006(10).
- 조광신, 박수경, 심동규, 이수연, “조명변화에 강인한 MCT와 프레임 연관성 기반 실시간 얼굴인식시스템”, 전자공학회 논문지, 제45권 C1편, 제3호, pp.123-134, 2008(5).
- Matthew Turk and Alex Pentland, “Eigenfaces for Recognition," Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, Vol.3, No.1, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1162/jocn.19188.8.131.52
- L. Wiskott, J. Fellous, N. Kruger, and C. Malsburg, "Face Recognition by Elastic Bunch Graph Matching," Intelligent Biometric Techniques in Fingerprint and Face Recognition, CRC Press, ISBN 0-8493-2055-0, Chapter 11, pp.355-396, 1999.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, "Particle Swarm Optimization," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, Piscataway, NJ. pp.1942-1948, 1995.
- R. Ramadan and R. Abdel-kader, "Face Recognition Using Particle Swarm Optimization-Based Selected Features," International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, Vol.2, No.2, pp.51-65, 2009(6).
- R. Senaratne, S. Halgamuge, and A. Hsu, "Face Recognition by Extending Elastic Bunch Graph Matching with Particle Swarm Optimization," Journal of Multimedia, Vol.4, No.4, pp.204-214, 2009(8). https://doi.org/10.4304/jmm.4.4.204-214