- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Mutual Authentication Protocol based on the Effective Divided Session for the Secure Transmission of Medical Information in u-Health
유헬스에서 안전한 생체정보전송을 위한 동적인 유효세션기반의 상호인증 프로토콜
- Received : 2011.01.17
- Accepted : 2011.01.24
- Published : 2011.02.28
All medical information over sensor networks need to transmit and process securely in the u-Health services. The reliability of transmission between u-Health medical sensor devices and gateway is very important issue. When the user moves to other place with u-Health devices, its signal strength is going down and is far from the coverage of gateway. In this case, Malicious user can be carried out an intrusion under the situation. And also rogue gateway can be tried to steal medical information. Therefore, it needs mutual authentication between sensor devices and gateway. In this paper, we design a mutual authentication protocol which divided sessions from an authenticated session are updated periodically. And in order to reduce the traffic overhead for session authentication, we also introduce dynamic session management according to sampling rate of medical sensor type. In order to verify this, we implemented the programs for the test-bed, and got an overall success from three types of experiment.
Authentication;Protocol;u-Health;Security;Medical Infomation;Sensor Network
- C. S. Wang and Y. R. Tzeng, "A Wireless Networking Technologies Overview Over Ubiquitous Ser vice Applications," Proc. of Networked Computing and Advanced Information Mana gement, pp.156-161, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/NCM.2008.200
- R. Sulaiman, D. Sharma, W. Ma, and D. Tran, "A Security Architecture for e-Health Services," Proc. of International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, pp.999-1004, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICACT.2008.4493935
- T. T. May, "Medical information security: the evolving challenge," Proc. of Security Technology, pp.85-92, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCST.1998.723771
- 장철순, 한종욱, “WBAN 환경의 보안 요구사항 분석”, 한국해양정보통신학회 2008년도 춘계종합학술대회, pp.260-263, 2008.
- H. S Chen, M. J. Su, T. H. Tsai, S. S. Teng, and H. W. Zhang, "U-Care for the elderly Implementation of a Comprehensive Living and Health Care Network," e-Health networking, Application and Services, pp.187-190, 2007.
- 정창원, 김동호, 김명희, 주수종, “u-헬스케어 지원 분산 프레임워크에서 접근 제어 모델을 이용한 동적 보안 서비스”, 인터넷정보학회논문지, 제8권, 제6호, pp.29-42, 2007.
- 송지은, 김신효, 정명애, 정교일, “u-헬스케어 보안 이슈 및 기술 동향”, 전자통신동향분석, 제22권, 제1호, pp.119-129, 2007.
- F. W. Xuan, D. M. Chui, and L. W. Kei, "Novel system sampling multi vital signs for e-Home Healthcare," Proc. of 7th Int'l Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing, pp.1-5, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICICS.2009.5397621
- Y. Yao, J. Chong, and W. Xingwei, "Enhancing RC4 algorithm for WLAN WEP protocol," Control and Decision Conference (CCDC) Chinese, pp.3623-3627, 2010.