- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Fundamental Education on Film Style I : Focusing on Basic Viewing Education Utilizing Sound and Camera
영화의 양식에 관한 교육 사례 I : 사운드와 카메라를 활용한 감상 및 실습교육을 중심으로
- 김계중 (성결대학교 연극영화학부)
- Received : 2010.12.15
- Accepted : 2011.02.09
- Published : 2011.02.28
This case study is based on a fundamental class actually done in the film and video department in Sungkyul University. It aimed at suggesting supportive role for typical film production class in universities in Korea. The list of film styles mentioned in this text is selected from the actual ones for the class and it is focused on utilization of sound and camera. It is ultimately designed to guide students to actual making films. First of all, for example, with a humble camcoder, students are encouraged to record both image and his/her narration which is directly recorded into the built-in microphone. Also directional microphone could be used to experience various positions of 'point-of-hearing'. Regarding camera movements, only distinctive ones out of typical utilization are selected to be dealt with. The movements created by moving vehicle such as dolly or crane beyond the limit of human ability could bring up high imagination of students on movement, besides this could be also easily applied to them for using hand-held technique instead of vehicle. This attitude acquired through the course is important for gettig over the resistance they might have before actual experiencing machinary use in production.
- 미셸 시옹/박선주 역, 영화의 목소리, 동문선, p.44, 1991.
- J. Shedden (editor), The Michael Snow Project: Presence and Absence The Films of Michael Snow 1956-1991, Art Gallery of Ontario/ Knopf Canada, p.144, 1995.
- R. Cornwell, Snow Seen: The Films and Photographs of Michael Snow, PMA Books, p.114, 1979.
- D. Hall and S. J. Fifer(editor), Illuminating Video: An Essential Guide to Video Art, Aperture/Bay Area Video Coalition, p.116, 2005.
- R. Richard, Jean-Luc Godard, Doubley & Company Inc., p.154, 1968.
- 한귀은, “소설과 영화의 ‘시점 및 초점화’ 교육”, 한국어문학회논문지, 제91집, p.197, 2006.
- 한연주, “초등학교 동영상 교육 프로그램 개발에 관한 연구”, 한국교대 미술교육학회 논문지 미술교육연구논총, 제17집, p.159, 2005.