- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Quality Control for Chest Radiography between Special Examination and Medical Institution for Pneumoconiosis
진폐 정밀/요양기관과 요양기관의 흉부 방사선분야 정도관리 비교
- 이원정 (근로복지공단 직업성폐질환연구소 임상연구팀)
- Received : 2010.10.13
- Accepted : 2011.01.20
- Published : 2011.02.28
To compare of quality control for chest radiography between special examination (SEP) and medical institution for pneumoconiosis (MIP). For the first time, we had visited at 33 institutions (SEP; 17 institutions, MIP; 16 institutions) to evaluate the quality control of chest radiography which is used in diagnosis of patients with pneumoconiotic complications. Image quality was rated by two experienced chest radiologists, and evaluated for radiological technique (RT), reading environment (RE) and image quality (IQ) between SEP and MIP according to the guideline published by OSHRI. Generator capacity, used duration and modality of chest radiography equipment were not signigicant difference between SEP and MIP, but there were signigicant difference in tube voltage and grid ratio used for chest radiography except to tube current and exposure time. SEP was statistically significant higher in RT (71.2 vs. 54.5, p=0.015), RE (78.8 vs. 51.5, p=0.007) to MIP, but not significant difference in IQ (64.8 vs. 59.3, p=0.180). For reliable and precisional diagnosis of patients with pneumoconiotic complications, the MIP requires the evaluation and education of quality control for improving chest radiography.
Pneumoconiosis;Quality Control;Chest Radiography
- 최준일, 나동규, 김학희, 신용문, 안국진, 이재영, “영상의학검사의 정도관리”, 대한영상의학회지, 제50권, 제5호, pp.317-331, 2004. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2004.50.5.317
- L. R. Goodman, C. R. Wilson, and W. D. Foley, "Digital radiography of the chest: promises and problems," AJR Am J Roentgenol, Vol.150, No.6, pp.1241-1252, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.150.6.1241
- G. R. Wagner, M. D. Attfield, and J. E. Parker, "Chest radiography in dust-exposed miners: promise and problems, potential and imperfections," Occup Med, Vol.8, No.1, pp.127-141, 1993.
- ILO, Guidelines for the use of ILO international classification of radiographs of pneumoconioses, International Labour Office Pub, 1980.
- 최병순, “진폐증의 연구와 진단을 위한 방사선학적 방법들의 비교: 단순 방사선검사와 컴퓨터 단층촬영”, 대한산업의학회지, 제7권, 제2호, pp.390-424, 1995.
- Q. T. Pham, “Chest radiography in the diagnosis of pneumoconiosis,” Int J Tuberc Lung Dis, Vol.5, No.5, pp.478-482, 2001.
- E. L. Nickoloff and N. Ahmad, Radiology Review: Radiologic Physics, Elsevier Saunders Pub, 2005.
- Commission of the European Communities, European guidelines on quality criteria for diagnostic radiographic images (EUR 16260), CEC, 1996.
- 박보람, 성동욱, “디지털 흉부 방사선촬영에서의 관전압과 관전류량의 변화에 의한 화질과 피폭선량 비교 연구”, 대한영상의학회지, 제62권, 제2호, pp.131-137, 2010.
- C. Schaefer-Prokop, U. Neitzel, H. W. Venema, M. Uffmann, and M. Prokp, “Digital chest radiography: an update on modern technology, dose containment and control of image quality,” Eur Radiol, Vol.18, No.9, pp.1818-1830, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-008-0948-3
- ILO, Guidelines for the use of ILO international classification of radiographs of pneumoconioses, International Labour Office Pub, 2002.
- X. J. Rong, C. C. Shaw, X. Liu, M. R. Lemacks, and S. K. Thompson, “Comparison of an amorphous silicon/cesium iodide flat-panel digital chest radiography system with screen/film and computed radiography systems: a contrast- detail phantom study,” Med Phys, Vol.28, No.11, pp.2328-2335, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1408620
- K. Bacher, P. Smeets, K. Bonnarens, A. D. Hauwere, K. Verstraete, and H. Thierens, “Dose reduction in patients undergoing chest imaging: Digital amorphous silicon flat-panel detector radiography versus conventional film-screen radiography and phosphor-based computed radiography,” AJR Am J Roentgenol, Vol.181, No.4, pp.923-929, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.181.4.1810923
- 정명진, 이광용, 이병영, 김혁주, 임효근, “우리나라의 흉부엑스선검사에서의 환자선량 권고량”, 대한영상의학회지, 제62권, 제6호, pp.523-528, 2010.