- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects Origin of the Wine on the Product Evaluation and Purchase Intention
와인의 원산지가 제품평가 및 구매의도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2010.10.08
- Accepted : 2010.11.17
- Published : 2011.02.28
The purpose of the study is to understand the characteristics of consumers and to provide useful information for the wine vendors to make future sales strategy and a marketing plan according to the origin of the imported wine thorough the factors influencing consumer preferences and purchase intentions. The questionnaires were distributed to consumers who had purchased wine and 224 was collected then analysed. As a result, the origin of the wine had a significant effects on quality and risk perception when consumers evaluate products. Also, the origin of the wine had a significant on consumer's purchase intention.
Wine Origin;Product Evaluation;Purchase Intention
- 고재윤, 정미란, 변우희, 와인의 건강효과 인지가 와인구매의도와 소비량에 미치는 영향, 호텔경영학연구, Vol.15, No.4, 2006.
- 김세미, 와인의 원산지기 제품평가에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증연구, 성군관대학교 일반대학원 무역학과, 석사학위 논문, 2009.
- 김우종, 정용해, 송보형, 호텔 레스토랑 내 와인판매 활성화에 관한 연구 -서울시내 SW호텔 중심으로, 호텔리조트카지노연구, Vol.3 No.2 2004.
- 대한주류공업협회, 2009.
- 강찬호, 와인의 국가별 브랜드 포지셔닝에 관한 연구, 계명대학교 대학원, 박사학위 논문, 2006.
- 김화동, 기술집약도에 따른 생산원산지 측면에서의 국가이미지 경쟁력 요소 - 한국, 일본, 중국 등 3개국을 중심으로, 한국경영교육학회, Vol.45, 2007.
- 김동로, 원산지 단서가 제품평가에 미치는 영향 : 재료원산지 이미지를 중심으로, 충북대학교 경영대학원, 석사학위논문, 2001.
- C. L. Narayana, Aggregate images of American and Japanese products: Implication on international marketing, Columbia Journal of World Business, 16(Summer), 31-35, 1981.
- A. Nagasima, "A Comparasion of Japanese and U.S Attitudes Toward Foreign Products', Jounnal of Marketing, Vol.34, No.1, pp.68-74, 1970(1) https://doi.org/10.2307/1250298
- A. Nagasima, "A Comparative "Made-In" Product Image Survey Among Japanese Businessman," Jounnal of Marketing, pp.95-100, 1977(7).
- Lantz and Loeb, Country -of- origin and Ethnocentrism, Advances in Consumer Research, Vol.23, pp.374-378, 1996.
- M. S. Roth and J. B. Romeo, Matching product category and country image perceptions a framework for managing Country-of-Origin effects. Journal of International Business Studies, Vol.23, No.3, pp.477-497, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490276
- 정유경, 김맹진, 글로벌 레스토랑 브랜드의 원산지국가이미지가 구매의도에 미치는 영향과 원산지국가 인지의 조절효과, 관광레저연구, Vol.21 No.2, 2009.
- Warren J. Bilkey and Erik Nes, "Countryof-Origin Effects on Product Evaluates," Journal of International Business Studies, pp.94-95, 1982.
- Johansson, Johny K., Susan P. Douglas, and Ikujiro Nonaka, Assessing the Impact of Country of Origin on Product Evaluations: A New Methodological Perspective. Journal of Marketing Research, 22 (November), pp.388-396, 1985. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151584
- G. M. Erickson, J. K. Johansson, and P. Chao, Image variables in Multi-Attitude product evaluations: Country-of-Origin effects, Journal of Consumer Research, 11, pp.694-699, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1086/209005
- Han, Han, C. Min, "The Role of Consumer Patriotism in the Choice of Domestic vs. Foreign Product," Journal of Advertising Research (Jul/Aug 1988), pp.25-32, 1989.
- Cattin, Philippe J., Jolibert, Alain K. P., and Lohnes, Colleen., A cross-cultural study of 'made in' concept, Journal of International Business Studies, Vol.13, No.3, pp.131-41, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490564
- C. M. Han and V. Terpstra, Country-of-Origin effects for Uni-National and Bi-National products, Journal of International Business Studies, Vol.19, No.2, pp.235-255, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490379
- P. Kotler, D. H. Haider, and I. Rein, Marketing places, The Free Press, New York, 1993.
- D. A. Garvin, Competing on the eight dimensions of quality. Harvard Business Review, Vol.65, No.6, pp.101-109, 1987.
- Zeithaml and A. Valarie, "Consumer perceptions of price, quality, and value: a means-end model and synthesis of evidence," Journal of Marketing, Vol.52, No.3, pp.2-22, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- Jacoby et Olson. Perceived quality : how consumer view stores and merchandise, Lexington, Lexington Books, 1985.
- D. K. Tse, and W. N. Lee, Removing negative country images: effects of decomposition, branding, and product experience. Journal of International Marketing, Vol.1, No.4, pp.25-48, 1993.
- P. Chao, Celebrity and foreign brand name as moderators of Countryof - Origin effects. International Journal of Advertising, Vol.24, No.2, pp.173-192, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/02650487.2005.11072913
- G. S. Insch andJ. B. McBride, The impact of country-of-origin cues on consumer perceptions of product quality: A binational test of the decomposed country-of-origin construct. Journal of Business Research, Vol.57, No.3, pp.256-265, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00323-5
- O. T. Ahtola, Price as a 'give' component in an exchange theoretic multicomponent model. In T.C. Kinnear (Ed.), Advances in Consumer Research. Ann Arbor, MI: Association for Consumer Research, pp.623-626, 1984.
- Z. U. Ahmed, J. P. Johanson, X. Yang, C. K. Fatt, H. S. Teng, L. L. Boon, Does Country of origin matter for low-involvement products? International Marketing Review, Vol.21, No.1, pp.102-120, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/02651330410522925
- Bauer, Raymond A. "Consumer Behavior as Risk Taking," Proceedings American Marketing Association, (December, 1960). In Cox, Donald F. (ed.). Risk Taking and Information Handling in Consumer Behavior. Boston: Harvard University, pp.389-398, 1967.
- Cox, Donald F.. Risk Taking and Information Handling in Consumer Behavior. Boston: Harvard University, 1967.
- Schiffman, Leon G. and Leslie Lazer Kanuk., Consumer Behavior, 2nd ed., Englewood Cliffs, N.J.:Prentice-Hall, Inc., 112, 1983.
- 서귀생, 패밀리레스토랑의 원산지표시가 소비자의 지각과 구매의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구, 세종대학교 일반대학원, 2008.
- J. F. Engel, R. D. Blackwell, and Miniard., Consumer, 6th ed., Erickson, G.M., Johnson, J.K. & Chao, P.(1984). Image Variable in Multi-Variable Product Evaluation Country-of-Orihin Effects, 1990.
- Andeson, Eugene W. and Sullivan., The Antecedents and Consequences of Customer Satisfaction For Firms, Marketing Science, Vol. 12, pp.125-143, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.12.2.125
- L. Y. Lin and C. S. Chen, An empirical study of insurance and catering service, Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol.23, No.5, pp.248-265, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760610681655
- M. K. Hui and L. Zhou, Linking product evaluations and purchase intention for Country-of-Origin effects. Journal of Global Marketing, 15(3/4), pp.95-116, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1300/J042v15n03_05
- C. H. Lin and T. Kao, The impact of Country-of-Origin on brand equity, The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, September, 37-40, 2004.
- S. T. Hong and R. S. Wyer, "Effects of Country-of-Origin and Product Attribute Information on Product Evaluation: An Information Processing Perspective," Journal of consumer Research, 16(September), pp.175-187, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1086/209206
- Yeung RMW and Morris J . Food safety risk- Consumer perception and purchase behaviour. British Food Journal, Vol103, No.3, pp.170-187. https://doi.org/10.1108/00070700110386728
- The Effects of the Face Sensitivity on Conspicuous Consumption and Purchase Intention - Focused on Luxury Restaurants - vol.31, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2016.31.2.170