- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Analysis on Teaching and Learning Activities Using Mobile Devices in Higher Education
모바일기기를 활용한 대학 수업 활동 분석
- Received : 2010.07.22
- Accepted : 2010.12.09
- Published : 2011.02.28
The purpose of this paper was to examine the teaching and learning activities using mobiles devices in a university. We analyzed the instructional methods, instructional strategies, devices types, and evaluation activities. In addition, we conducted deep interviews with the students who used the mobile devices in terms of their understanding on the mobile learning, mobile learning methods, evaluation methods, difficulties and their expectations. These findings will be used to improve the quality of the teaching and learning methods using mobile devices in higher education.
Mobile Device;Teaching and Learning;Learning Activities
- 이영민. “타블렛 컴퓨터를 활용한 모바일 학습 사례 분석”, 컴퓨터 교육학회 논문지, 제8권, 제1호, pp.25-32. 2005.
- Y. Belanger, Duke University iPod first year experience final evaluation report. Retrieved at Jan, 26, 2010, from http://cit.duke.edu/pdf/ipod_initiative_04_05.pdf
- T. H. Brown. “The role of m-learning in the future of e-learning in Africa," The paper presented at the 21 ICDE World Conference, Hongkong. 2003.
- D. A. Kolb, Experiential learning, NJ: Prentice-Hall Englewood Cliffs. 1984.
- Y. Engestrom, “Activity theory and individual and social transformation", In Y. Engestrom, Miettinen R., & Punamäki R. (Ed.), Perspectives on activity theory, pp.19-38, Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- B. A. Nardi, Context and Consciousness: Activity Theory and Human-computer Interaction. Cambridge: MIT Press, 1996.
- M. Sharples, J. Taylor, and G. Vavoula, “Towards a theory of mobile learning," Proceedings of mLearn, 2005.
- D. H. Jonassen, “Revisiting activity theory as a framework for designing student-centered learning environments," D. H. Jonassen & S. M. Land (Eds.), Theoretical Foundations of Learning Environments, pp.89-121. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2000.
- B. Schilit, N. Adams, and R. Want, “Context-Aware Computing Applications", Proceedings of the Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, pp.1-7, Santa Cruz, CA, December, 1994.
- S. J. H. Yang, “Context aware ubiquitous learning environments for peer-to-peer collaborative learning," Educational Technology & Society, Vol.9, No.1, pp.188-201, 2006.
- L. F. “Motiwalla, Mobile learning: A framework and evaluation," Computers & Education, Vol.49, pp.581-596, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2005.10.011
- T. C. Liu, H. Y. Wang, J. K. Liang, T. W. Chan, H. W. Ko, and J. C. Yang, “Embedding Wireless and Mobile Technologies in Classroom to Enhance Learning and Instruction," Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, Vol.19, pp.371-382, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.0266-4909.2003.00038.x
- P. Thornton and C. Houser, “Using mobile phones in English education in Japan", Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, Vol.21, pp.217-228, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2729.2005.00129.x
- S. M. Ross and L. J. Smith, Classroom Observation Measure Observer’s Manual, Philadelphia: Temple University, Center for Research in Human Development and Education, 1996.
- S. Silveman, "Analyzing talk and text", N. K. Denzin & Y. S. Linkoln (Eds.), Handbook of Qualitative Research, pp.821-834. Thousand Oaks, CA:Sage Publications, 2000.
- 유상미, 신승용, 김미량, “모바일 탐구학습 지원도구의 개발과 적용", 컴퓨터 교육학회 논문지, 제12권, 제5호, pp.35-47, 2009.
- 김창규, 전우천, “에듀테인먼트 전략을 활용한 모바일 학습 환경에서의 동기모형의 설계 및 구현", 정보교육학회 논문지, 제12권, 제1호, pp.99-107, 2008.
- An Exploration of Various Evaluation Methods to Improve Usability of Museum Mobile Device vol.30, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2011.30.6.765