- Volume 23 Issue 6
Analysis of Qualitative Research Published by Korean Journal of Adult Nursing (1989-2011)
성인간호학회지(1989-2011)에 게재된 질적 연구의 동향 분석
- Kim, Yeong-Kyeong (College of Nursing, Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Hwang, Sun-Young (Department of Nursing, Chosun University) ;
- Shin, Su-Jin (Department of Nursing, Soonchunhyang University)
- Received : 2011.12.15
- Accepted : 2011.12.18
- Published : 2011.12.31
Purpose: This study was to examine the trend of qualitative study published by Korean Journal of Adult Nursing from 1989 to 2011, and to suggest future directions through identifying its strength and weakness. Methods: Ninety one published qualitative studies were analyzed focusing on research methodology and research themes using descriptive statistics. Results: During the last 22 years, the number of qualitative studies has rapidly increased and the methodology used to analyze qualitative data has been diversified. The most frequently used analytic method was a phenomenology (48.4%) and the frequency of conducting a content analysis has increased. The prevailing data collection settings were community (61.5%), followed by hospital (35.2%). Especially, many researches showed specific description on researcher's efforts to get validity and reliability of studies in individual studies presented within recent 10 years. However, it was noted that meta study using mixed methodology and secondary analysis of qualitative studies are rarely used and need to be facilitated. Conclusion: Nursing Researchers utilizing qualitative research should continuously make efforts to increase the validity and reliability of their studies and to find knowledges or strategies applicable to practice through using mixed methods or secondary analysis of individual studies.
Supported by : 성인간호학회
- Ahn, K., Seo, J., & Hwang, S. (2009). Content analysis of male hospital nurses' experiences. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 21 (6), 652-665.
- Cho, M. (2001). Meaning of sickness for the elderly in a folk healing practicum. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 13 (4), 539-550.
- Choi, K., & Kim, M. (1997). A Study on the difficulties and coping process of ostomates. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 9 (2), 297-312.
- Colaizzi, P. E. (1978). Psychological research as the phenomenologist views it. In: Vails, R. S., King, M. (Eds.), Existential phenomenological alternatives for psychology. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Corbin, J. M. (2004). Corbin's Grounded Theory. Seoul: Korean Qualitative Health Research.
- Corbin, J., & Strauss, A. (2009). Basics of Qualitative Research (3rd ed.) (K. R. Shin, M. Kim, J. Kim, S. J. Shin, & J. Kang, Trans.) Seoul: Hyunmoon (Original work published 2008).
- Giorgi, A. (2003). Qualitative Research Methodology. Workshop on the Giorgi's phenomenological method. Seoul: Qualitative Research Center.
- Giorgi, A. (2004). Qualitative Research Methodology. Advanced workshop on the descriptive phenomenological method. Seoul: Qualitative Research Center.
- Hinds, P. S., Vogel, R. J., & Clarke-Steffen, L. (1997). The possibilities and pitfalls of doing a secondary analysis of a qualitative data set. Qualitative Health Research, 7 (3), 408-424.
- Holloway, I., & Wheeler, S. (2010). Qualitative Research in Nursing and Healthcare. Iowa: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Hwang, S. Y., Yong, J. S., Kim, N. S., Park, M. H., Park, Y. H., et al. (2010). Direction for development of the journal of Korean academy of adult nursing through analysis of accepted and rejected papers(2007-2009). Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 22 (1), 103-112.
- Jeong, J. Y., & Kim, Y. K. (2007). A Phenomenological study on the adaptation experience on nursing home admission among senior patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 19 (2), 178-190.
- Kim, E., & Lee, M. (2000). The Experience of people with HIV/AIDS: A phenomenological study. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 12 (4), 497-506.
- Kim, M. Y. (2007). ICU Patients' experience process of physical restraint. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 19 (4), 583-592.
- Kim, W. (2002). The Adjustment of patients with hemophilia. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 14 (4), 635-644.
- Kwon, Y., & Yeum, E. (2003). The experience of decision making to donate organs. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 15 (2), 256-266.
- Lee, Y. H., & Ko, S. H. (1999). The elderly's notion of death on an island in Chonbuk province. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 11 (1), 135-145.
- Lee, H. J., Kwon, H. J., & Kim, K. H. (1997). A Study on the patient's treatment experience in bone marrow transplantation. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 9 (2), 239-249.
- Mason, J. (2006). Mixing methods in a qualitatively driven way. Qualitative Research, 6 (1), 9-25.
- Morse, J. M. (2005). Ethnography And Issues In Mixed Qualitative Research Method Design. Seoul: Korean Qualitative Health Research.
- Park, E. Y., & Yi, M. (2009). Illness experience of women with breast cancer in korea: Using feminist phenomenology. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 21 (6), 504-518.
- Shin, K. R. (1996). Criteria for critique of qualitative nursing research. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 26 (2), 497-506.
- Shin, K. R., Kim, E. H., & Yang, S. A. (2006). The Experience of mind control among elderly in Korea. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 18 (1), 41-49.
- Shin, S. J. (2008). Grounded theory approach on the recovery process of myocardial infarction patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 20 (2), 219-230.
- Spradley, J. P. (1979). The Ethnographic Interview. New York: Holt.
- Strauss, A., & Corbin, J. (1998). Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory(2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Van Manen, M. (2001). Qualitative research methodology. Workshop on the Max van Manen's phenomenology. Seoul; Qualitative Research Center.
- Yang, J. (2008). Experiences of admission for critically ill patients in ICU. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 20 (1), 149-162.
- Yi, M. S., Kim, W., Kim, D., Ko, M., Lee, K., & Kim, Z. (2003). Turnover experience of hospital nurses in Korea. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 15 (4), 531-541.
- Yi, M. (1999). Adjustment to kidney transplantation: problems and strategies. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 11 (4), 758-770.