- Volume 11 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Acceleration Method for Integral Imaging Generation of Volume Data based on CUDA
CUDA를 기반한 볼륨데이터의 집적영상 생성을 위한 고속화 기법
- 박찬 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과) ;
- 정지성 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과) ;
- 박재형 (충북대학교 정보통신공학부) ;
- 권기철 (충북대학교 정보통신공학부) ;
- 김남 (충북대학교 정보통신공학부) ;
- 류관희 (충북대학교 정보산업공학과)
- Received : 2010.12.06
- Accepted : 2011.01.14
- Published : 2011.03.28
Recently, with the advent of stereoscopic 3D TV, the activation of 3D stereoscopic content is expected. Research on 3D auto stereoscopic display has been carried out to relieve discomfort of 3D stereoscopic display. In this research, it is necessary to generate the elemental image from a lens array. As the number of lens in a lens array is increased, it takes a lot of time to generate the elemental image, and it will take more time for a large volume data. In order to improve the problem, in this paper, we propose a method to generate the elemental image by using OpenCL based on CUDA. We perform our proposed method on PC environment with one of Tesla C1060, Geforce 9800GT and Quadro FX 3800 graphics cards. Experimental results show that the proposed method can obtain almost 20 times better performance than recent research result.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- "3D Display Technology and Market Forecast Report," DisplaySearch, 2010.
- G. Lippmann, "La photographie integrale," C.R Amdemic Science. Vol.146, pp.446-451, 1908.
- Y. Igarashi, H. Murata, and M. Veda, "3D Display System using a Computer Generated Integral Photography," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Vol.17, pp.1683-1684, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.17.1683
- M. Halle, "Multiple Viewpoint Rendering," SIGGRAPH 98, pp.243-254, 1998.
- S. W. Min, "Three-dimensional Image Processing using Integral Imaging Method," Optical Society of Korea summer Meeting 2005(7.14-15, 500).
- Jang-Il Ser, "A Study on the Properties of an Elemental Image depending on the Shape of Elemental Lens and the pick-up Method in the Integral Imaging," Journal of Telecommunication and information, Vol.10, pp.33-39, 2006.
- S. W. Min, "Enhanced Image Mapping Algorithm for Computer-Generated Integral Imaging System," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.45, No.28, pp.L744-L747, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.45.L744
- J Y. Son, Vladmir V. Saveljev, J. S. Kim, Sung-Sik, and Bahram Javidi, "Viewing Zones in Three-dimensional Imaging Systems based on Lenticular, Parallax-barrier, and Microlens-array Plates," Applied Optics, Vol.43, pp.4985-4992, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.43.004985
- J. I. Ser and S. H. Shin, "Elemental Image Resizing and the Analysis of the Reconstructed Three dimensional Image in the Integral Imaging System," Journal of Korean Optics, Vol.16, No.3, pp.225-233, 2005. https://doi.org/10.3807/KJOP.2005.16.3.225
- Y. H. Jang, C. Park, J. H. Park, N. Kim, and K. H. Yoo, "Parallel Processing for Integral Imaging Pickup using Mutliple Threads," International Journal of Contents, Vol.5, No.4, pp.30-34, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/IJoC.2009.5.4.030
- Y. H. Jang, C. Park, J. S. Jung, J. H. Park, N. Kim, and K. H. Yoo, "Integral Imaging Pickup Method of Bio-Medical Data using GPU and Octree," Journal of Korea Contents, Vol.10, No.9, pp.1-9, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.6.001
- Fernado, GPU Gems, Addison Wesley. 2004.
- nVidia, CUDA C programming guide, version 3.1.1, 2010.
- nVidia, OpenCL programming guide for the CUDA architecture, version 2.3, 2009.