- Volume 11 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Processing Methods for Ink-and-Wash Painting in Mobile Contents
모바일 콘텐츠의 수묵 담채 렌더링을 위한 프로세싱 기법
- Received : 2010.11.29
- Accepted : 2011.01.18
- Published : 2011.03.28
Development of mobile devices such as smart phones and tablet PC and increased usage for mobile contents make researches of mobile computer graphics noticeable. However, previous non-photorealistic renderings such as an ink-and-wash painting with thin colors are almost designed for desktop platform and not well-matched for mobile devices. In the result, mobile-specific rendering techniques are needed to create 3D mobile contents with non-photorealistic graphics. We introduce processing techniques that are especially ink-and-wash painting and oriental thin coloring in mobile devices. Through the result of this paper, it is expected that various 3D mobile contents with non-photorealistic styles are made. Proposed work also can allow mobile devices render it in realtime using proposed preprocessing techniques and rendering pipelines.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- B. Gooch and A. Gooch, Non-Photorealistic Rendering, A K Peters, Ltd., 2001.
- T. Strothotte and S. Schlechtweg, Non-photorealistic Computer Graphics: Modeling, Rendering, and Animation, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., 2002.
- A. Appel, "The Notion of Quantitative Invisibility and the Machine Rendering of Solids," In Proceedings of ACM National Conference, pp.387-393, 1967.
- G. Elber and E. Cohen, "Hidden Curve Removal for Free Form Surfaces," In Proceedings of SIGGRAPH '90, pp.95-104, 1990.
- L. Markosian, M. A. Kowalski, S. J. Trychin, L. D. Bourdev, D. Goldstein, and J. F. Hughes, "Real-Time Nonphotorealistic Rendering," In Proceedings of SIGGRAPH '97, pp.415-220, 1997.
- R. Raskar and M. Cohen, "Image Precision Silhouette Edges," In Proceedings of the symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics, pp.135-140, 1999.
- T. Goodwin, I. Vollick, and A. Hertzmann, "Isophote Distance: A Shading Approach to Artistic Stroke Thickness," In Proceedings of NPAR '07, pp.53-62, 2007.
- D. DeCarlo and S. Rusinkiewicz, "Highlight Lines for Conveying Shape," In Proceedings of NPAR '07, pp.63-70, 2007.
- A. Lake and C. Marshall, "Stylized Rendering Techniques for Scalable Real-time 3D Animation," In Proceedings of NPAR '00, pp.13-20, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1145/340916.340918
- 오수정, 남양희, "Kubelka-Munk모델을 응용한 실시간 3차원 수묵담채화 렌더링", 한국컴퓨터그래픽스학회 '05, 2005.