- Volume 11 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Spasticity and Balance of Lower Extremity on Swiss Ball Lumbar Stabilization Exercise(LSE) in Patients with Stroke
스위스볼 요부안정화운동에 따른 뇌졸중 환자 하지의 경직도와 균형 분석
- Received : 2010.09.06
- Accepted : 2010.11.29
- Published : 2011.03.28
This study examines the effects of spasticity, equilibrium and gait ability at lower extremity on lumbar stabilization exercise(LSE) with Swiss ball. This experiment was conducted to compare BBS, FRT, MAS and TUG by Swiss ball LSE with 34 stroke patients. equilibrium by BBS or FRT, spasticity by MAS and gait ability by TUG were measured after a 8-week traditional exercise physical therapy(17 subject of stroke patient) and a Swiss ball LSE(17 subject of stroke patient). These result lead us to the conclusion that BBS & FRT were statistically increased and MAS and TUG were decreased on Swiss ball LSE group. there were statistically differential effect between each group on FRT and MAS. These results suggest that Swiss ball LSE has the capability to improve spasticity, equilibrium and gait ability at lower extremity. Consequently, Swiss ball LSE would be lead to restoration of muscle spasticity, equilibrium and gait ability on stroke patients.
Stroke;Swiss Ball Lumbar Stabilization Exercise(Swiss Ball LSE);Spasticity;Gait
- 통계청, 사망원인통계연보, 2009.
- 건강보험심사평가원, 건강보험 통계지표, 2005.
- S. J Garrison, L. A. Rolak, and R. R. Dodaro, Rehabilitation of stroke patient, In: Delsia J. A, Gans B. M, editors. Relubilitation Medicine: Principles and Practice, Philadelphia: Lippincott, pp.565-569, 1993.
- L. A. Vearrier, J. Langan, A. Shumway-Cook, and M. Woollacott, "An intensive masse practice approach to retraining balanc post-stroke," Gait posture, Vol.22, No.2, pp.154-163, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2004.09.001
- R. A. Geiger, J. B. Allen, J. O'Keefe, and R. R. Hicks, "Balance and mobility following stroke: effects of physical therapy interventions with and without biofeedback/forceplate training," Phys Ther, Vol.81, No.4, pp.995-1005, 2001.
- H. S. Jorgensen, H. Nakayama, H. O. Raaschol and T. S. Olsen, "Recovery of walking functio in stroke patients: the Copenhagen Stroke Study," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.76, No.1, pp.27-32, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(95)80038-7
- J. W Lance, Symposium synopsis. In : Feidman R. G, Young R. R, Koella W. P, editors. Spasticity: disordered motor control. Chicago, Yearbook Medical Publishers, pp.485-494, 1980.
- A. Lamontagne, F. Malouin and C. L. Richards, "Contribution of passive stiffness to ankle plantarflexor moment during gait after stroke," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.81, No.3, pp.351-358, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(00)90083-2
- E. Elovic and R. Bogey, Spasticity and movement disorder. In: DeLisa JA, editors. Physical medicine and rehabilitation: principle and practice, 4th ed, Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, pp.1427-1446, 2005.
- W. B. Greene, F. R. Dietz, M. J. Goldberg, R. H. Gross, F. Miller, and M. D. Sussman, "Rapid progression of hip subluxation in cerebral palsy after selective posterior rhizotomy," J Pediatr Orthop, Vol.11, No.4, pp.494-497, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1097/01241398-199107000-00014
- J. S. Cheng, Y. R. Yang, S. J. Cheng, P. Y. Lin, and R. Y. Wang, "Effects of combining electric stimulation with active ankle dorsiflexion while standing on a rocker board: a pilot study for subjects with spastic foot after stroke," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.91, No.4, pp.505-512, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2009.11.022
- 최유진, 김경미, "신경발달치료원리에 기초한 일상생활활동 훈련이 뇌성마비 아동의 분리된 움직임과 앉은 자세균형에 미치는 효과", 특수교육재활과학연구, 제47권, 제1호, pp.191-212, 2008.
- K. E. Hagbarth, "Evaluation of and methods to change muscle tone," Scand J Rehabil Med Suppl, Vol.30, pp.19-32, 1994.
- 이창렬, 손길수, 이수연, 박지원, "신경가동기법이 뇌졸중 환자의 족관절 저측굴근 경직에 미치는 영향", 대한물리치료학회지, 제19권, 제1호, pp.79-90, 2007.
- S. Pak and C. Patten, "Strengthening to promote functional recovery poststroke: an evidence-based review," Top Stroke Rehabil, Vol.15, No.3, pp.177-199, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1310/tsr1503-177
- G. V. Smith, K. H. Silver, A. P. Goldberg, and R. F. Macko, "Task-oriented" exercise improves hamstring strength and spastic reflexes in chronic stroke patients," Stroke, Vol.30, No.10, pp.2112-2118, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.30.10.2112
- H. Barbeau and M. Visintin, "Optimal outcome obtained with body-weight support combined with treadmill training in stroke patients," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.84, No.10, pp.1458-1465, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(03)00361-7
- P. W. Hodges and C. A. Richardson, "Contraction of the abdominal muscles associated with movement of the lower limb," Phys Ther, Vol.77, No.2, pp.132-142, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/77.2.132
- P. R. Trueblood, J. M. Walker, J. Perry, and J. K. Gronley(1989). Pelvic exercise and gait in hemiplegia, Phys Ther, Vol.69, No.1 pp.18-26, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/69.1.18
- M. Karatas, N. Cetin, M. Bayramoglu, A. Dilek, Trunk muscle strength in relation to balance and functional disability in unihemispheric stroke patients, Am J Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.83, No.2, pp.81-87, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PHM.0000107486.99756.C7
- 김창영, "체간 안정화 윤동이 만성 뇌졸중 환자의 체간 근력, 동적 균형감각 및 보행에 미치는 영향", 삼육대학교 대학원, 석사학위논문, 2008.
- 이은정, "스위스볼 체간안정화 운동에 의한 뇌성마비 아동의 대동강 기능 및 균형 변화", 부산카톨릭대학교 생명과학대학원, 석사학위논문, 2009.
- M. Karatas, N. Cetin, M. Bayramoglu and A. Dilek, "Trunk muscle strength in relation to balance and functional disability In unihemispheric stroke patients," Am J Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.83, No.2, pp.81-87, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PHM.0000107486.99756.C7
- K. O. Berg, B. E. Maki, J. I. Williams, P. J. Holliday and S. L. Wood-Dauphinee, "Clinical and laboratory measures of postural balance in an elderly population," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.73, No.11, pp.1073-1080, 1992.
- D. K. Weiner, D. R. Bongiorni, S. A Studenski, P. W. Duncan, and G. G. Kochersberger, "Does functional reach improve with rehabilitation?", Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.74, No.8, pp.796-800, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9993(93)90003-S
- M. A. Wallen, S. J. O'flaherty, and M. C. Waugh, "Functional outcomes of intramuscular botulinum toxin type A in the upper limbs of children with cerebral palsy: a phase II trail," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.85, No.2, pp.192-200, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2003.05.008
- D. Podsiadlo and S. Richardson, "The timed "Up and Go" : a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons," J Am Geriatr Soc, Vol.39, No.2, pp.142-148, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1991.tb01616.x
- C. M. Norris, Back stability, Human Kinetics, Champaign, Illinois, 2000.
- C. M. Sackley and B. I. Baguley, "Visual feedback after stroke with the Balance Performance Monitor: two single case studies," Clin Rehabil, Vol.7, No.3, pp.189-195, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1177/026921559300700302
- N. H. Mayer, "Clinicophysiologic concepts of spasticity and motor dysfunction in adults with an upper motoneuron lesion," Muscle and Nerve Suppl, Vol.6, pp.1-13, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4598(1997)6+<1::AID-MUS2>3.0.CO;2-D
- M. M. Panjabi, "The Stabilizing system of the spine. Part I. Function, dysfunction, adaptation, and enhancement," J Spinal Disord, Vol.5, No.4, pp.383-389, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1097/00002517-199212000-00001
- M. Wernick-Robinson, D. E. Krebs, and M. M. Giorgetti, "Functional reach: Does it really measure dynamic balance?", Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.80, No.3, pp.262-269, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(99)90136-3
- S. Ryerson and K. Levit, Functional movement reeducation. 1st ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1997.
- C. M. Sackley, "Falls, sway, and symmetry of weight-bearing after stroke," Int Disabil Stud, Vol.13, No.1, pp.1-4, 1991. https://doi.org/10.3109/03790799109166267
- 김권영, 신수범, 강정훈, 이경일, 김용숙, "만성요통환자에서 스위스볼을 이용한 몸통운동의 효과", 한국스포츠리서치, 제17호, 제1호, pp.101-112, 2006.
- 김종순, "상호억제기법에 의한 뇌졸중 환자의 경직 및 보행 특성 변화", 대구대학교 대학원, 박사학위논문, 2004.
- R. W. Selles, X. Li, F. Lin, S. G. Chung, E. J. Roth, and L. Q. Zhang, "Feedback-controlled and programmed stretching of the ankle plantarflexors and dorsiflexors in stroke: effects of a 4-week intervention program," Arch Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.86, No.12, pp.2330-2336, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2005.07.305
- M. F. Hamel and Y. Lajoie, "Mental imagery. Effects on static balance and attentional demands of the elderly," Aging Clin Exp Res, Vol.17, No.3, pp.223-228, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03324601