- Volume 11 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Lower Limb Muscle Activity on Balancing through Sprinter Patterns of PNF
PNF의 Sprinter Pattern을 통한 하지의 근 활성도가 균형능력에 미치는 영향
- 정우식 (씨티재활병원 재활센터) ;
- 정재영 (서강정보대학 물리치료과) ;
- 김찬규 (광주보건대학 물리치료과) ;
- 정대인 (광주보건대학 물리치료과) ;
- 김경윤 (동신대학교 물리치료학과)
- Received : 2010.07.29
- Accepted : 2010.12.13
- Published : 2011.03.28
In this study, for examining an effect of lower limbs' muscle activity on balance capability when applying sprinter pattern among the PNF, the experiment was conducted as followed. Under the object of 24 people diagnosed by hemiplegia, they were divided into control group and experimental group and the experiment was conducted on the experimental group, three times per a week for six weeks. Experimental group received Sprinter pattern of combined PNF upper extremity and lower extremity pattern. For the lower limbs' muscle activity, effective values of Vastus medialis laterails, medial lateral hamstrings, lateral gastrocnemius' action potential were analyzed. The balance ability tests was conducted with FICSIT-4, FSST and MTD-Balance system. For the significance test of control group and experimental group for measuring time by exercise application method, two-way repeated measure ANOVA was conducted and for the significance test among the groups by each measuring time, independent t-test was conducted. Also, for examining the correlation among the measuring item, pearson correlation was used for the analysis. As the result, the application of sprinter pattern increased muscle activity of lower limbs in paretic side and improve static and dynamic balance ability effectively. Therefore, it will be necessary to develop new intervention by combining active application of the therapeutic intervention program for lower limbs' effective muscle mobilizing in paretic side with various exercising patterns.
Stroke;PNF;Sprinter Pattern;Muscle Activity;Balance
- 강현숙, 강지순, 석소현, "뇌졸중 환자를 위한 환측 상지 경혈지압마사지와 손마사지의 효과 비교 연구", 대한기본간호학회지, 제14권, 제3호, pp.270-279, 2007.
- J. Liepert, H. Bauder, W. Miltner, E. Taub, and C. Weiller, "Treatment-induced cortical reorganization after stroke in humans," J of Stroke, Vol.31, No.6, p.1210, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.31.6.1210
- H. Jorgensen, H. Nakayama, H. Raaschou, and T. Olsen, "Recovery of walking function in stroke patients: the Copenhagen Stroke Study," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.76, No.1, pp.27-32, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(95)80038-7
- S. Olney and C. Richards, "Hemiparetic gait following stroke. Part I: Characteristics," Gait & Posture, Vol.4, No.2, pp.136-148, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0966-6362(96)01063-6
- M. Weightman, "Motor unit behavior following cerebrovascular accident," Neural Rep, Vol.18, No.1. pp.26-28, 1994.
- M. Nallegowda, U. Singh, G. Handa, M. Khanna S. Wadhwa, S. Yadav, G. Kumar, and M. Behari, "Role of sensory input and muscle strength in maintenance of balance, gait, and posture in Parkinson's disease: a pilot study," American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Vol.83, No.12, p.898, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PHM.0000146505.18244.43
- K. Ringsberg, P. Gerdhem, J. Johansson, and K. Obrant, "Is there a relationship between balance, gait performance and muscular strength in 75-year-old women?" Age and aging, Vol.28, No.3, p.289, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/28.3.289
- L. Wolfson, J. Judge, R. Whipple, and M. King, "Strength Is a Major Factor in Balance, Gait, and the Occurrence of Falls," The Journals of Gerontology, Vol.50, p.64, 1995.
- D. P. Laroche, K. A. Cremin, B. Greenleaf, and R. Croce, "Rapid torque development in older female fallers and nonfallers: A comparison across lower-extremity muscles," J Electromyogr Kinesiol, 2009.
- C. Laughton, M. Slavin, K. Katdare, L. Nolan, J. Bean, D. Kerrigan, E. Phillips, L. Lipsitz, and J. Collins, "Aging, muscle activity, and balance control: physiologic changes associated with balance impairment," Gait & Posture, Vol.18, No.2, pp.101-108, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(02)00200-X
- S. Ryerson and K. Levit, Functional movement reedumtion, New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1997.
- P. Marshall and B. Murphy, "Core stability exercises on and off a Swiss ball," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.86, No.2, pp.242-249, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2004.05.004
- V. Akuthota and S. Nadler, "Core strengthening," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.85, No.1, pp.86-92, 2004.
- M. Knott and D. Voss, Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation: pattern and technique 2nd, New York: Harper and Row, 1968.
- J. Munn, R. Herbert, and S. Gandevia, "Contralateral effects of unilateral resistance training: a meta-analysis," Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.96, No.5, p.1861, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00541.2003
- D. Klein, W. Stone, W. Phillips, J. Gangi, and S. Hartman, "PNF training and physical function in assisted-living older adults," Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, Vol.10, No.4, pp.476-488, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1123/japa.10.4.476
- 김태윤, "均衡 訓練이 中樞神經系 損傷者의 姿勢調節 및 體性感覺 誘發電位에 미치는 影響", 전남대학교 체육대학원 박사학위논문, 1998.
- B. Dietz, Let's Sprint, Let's Skate: Innovationen im PNF-konzept: Springer, 2009.
- 권유정, "열린사슬과 닫힌 사슬 운동이 정상 성인의 동적 균형 능력과 근활성도 변화에 미치는 영향", 대구대학교 재활과학대학원 석사학위논문, 2008.
- J. Rossiter-Fornoff, S. Wolf, L. Wolfson, and D. Buchner, "A cross-sectional validation study of the FICSIT common data base static balance measures," Journal of Gerontology, Vol.50, No.6, pp.291-297, 1995.
- J. Blennerhassett and V. Jayalath, "The Four Square Step Test is a feasible and Valid clinical test of dynamic standing balance for use in ambulant people poststroke," Archives of physical medicine and rehabiliatation, Vol.89, No.11, pp.2156-2161, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2008.05.012
- T. Kauffman, "Impact of aging-related musculoskeletal and postural changes on falls," Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation, Vol.5, No.2, p.34, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1097/00013614-199001000-00006
- P. Cheng, S. Wu, M. Liaw, A. Wong, and F. Tang, "Symmetrical body-weight distribution training in stroke patients and its effect on fall prevention," Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, Vol.82, No.12, pp.1650-1654, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1053/apmr.2001.26256
- R. Enoka, "Muscle strength and its development. New perspectives," Sports medicine (Auckland, NZ), Vol.6, No.3, p.146, 1988. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-198806030-00003
- K. Hakkinen, A. Pakarinen, W. Kraemer, A. Hakkinen, H. Valkeinen, and M. Alen, "Selective muscle hypertrophy, changes in EMG and force, and serum hormones during strength training in older women," Journal of Applied Physiology Vol.91, No.2, p.569, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.2001.91.2.569
- 배성수, 정현옥, 구봉오, 김상수, 김태윤, 황성수, "고유수용성신경근촉진법의 변화와 발전", 대한고유수용성신경근촉진법학회지, 제1권, 제1호, pp.27-32, 2003.
- S. O'Sullivan and T. Schmitz, Physical rehabilitation: assessment and treatment: F. A. Davis Company, 1988.
- S. Page, S. Sisto, M. Johnston, and P. Levine, "Modified constraint-induced therapy after subacute stroke: a preliminary study," Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair, Vol.16, No.3, p.290, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/154596830201600307
- J. ENG, K. CHU, and K. MARIA, "A community-based group exercise program for persons with chronic stroke," Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, Vol.35, No.8, p.1271, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000079079.58477.0B
- S. Adler and D. Beckers, M. Buck, PNF in practice: an illustrated guide, Springer Verlag, 2008.
- V. De, M. Ionta, and B. Myers, Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation: Philadelphia, PA, JB Lippincott Co, 1985.
- T. Hortobagyi, K. Scott, J. Lambert, G. Hamilton, and J. Tracy, "Cross-education of muscle strength is greater with stimulated than voluntary contractions," Motor Control, Vol.3, No2, p.205, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1123/mcj.3.2.205
- B. Stromberg, "Contralateral therapy in upper extremity rehabilitation," American journal of physical medicine, Vol.65, No.3, pp.135-143, 1986.
- N. Shima, K. Ishida, K. Katayama, Y. Morotome, Y. Sato, and M. Miyamura, "Cross education of muscular strength during unilateral resistance training and detraining," European Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.86, No.4, pp.287-294, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-001-0559-z
- M. Bemben and R. Murphy, "Age related neural adaptation following short term resistance training in women," The Journal of sports medicine and physical fitness, Vol.41, No.3, p.291, 2001.
- 이문규, "고유수용성 신경근 촉진법 하지 패턴이 뇌졸중 환자의 상지 근활성도에 미치는 영향", 서남대학교 보건대학원 석사학위논문, 2008.
- B. Dietz, Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, Level I & II Course. Gwangju. 2007.
- T. Carroll, R. Herbert, J. Munn, M. Lee S. and Gandevia, "Contralateral effects of unilateral strength training : evidence and possible mechanisms," Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.101, No5, p.1514, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00531.2006
- M. Houston, E. Froese, S. Valeriote, H. Green, and D. Ranney, "Muscle performance, morphology and metabolic capacity during strength training and detraining: a one leg mode," European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, Vol.51 No.1, pp.25-35, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00952534
- O. E. Lagerquist, D. Zehr, and Docherty, "Increased spinal reflex excitability is not associated with neural plasticity underlying the cross-education effect," Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.100, No.1, p.83, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00533.2005
- B. Bhakta, J. Cozens, M. Chamberlain, and J. Bamford, "Quantifying associated reactions in the paretic arm in stroke and their relationship to spasticity," Clin Rehabil, Vol.15, No.2, pp.195-206, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1191/026921501671342614
- J. Carr J. and R. Shepherd, A motor relearning programme for stroke: Aspen Pub, 1987.
- 지상구, "고유수용성 신경근 촉진법의 등장성 수축 결합 기법이 편마비 환자의 균형능력과 대퇴 사두근의 근활성도 및 근피로도에 미치는 효과", 을지대학교 보건대학원 석사학위논문, 2008.
- 유경태, "12주간의 복합 운동이 편마비 환자의 일상생활체력, 고유수용성 감각, 근활성도 및 균형능력에 미치는 영향", 경희대학교 체육대학원 박사학위논문, 2008.
- 박승규, "편마비 환자의 시청각 피드백 훈련이 신체 균형과 하지의 근활성도 및 운동수행에 미치는 효과", 전남대학교 체육대학원 박사학위논문, 2006.
- Change of Isometric Contractile Force and Muscle Activity Applying Heat according to the Time on Biceps Brachii Muscle vol.4, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5854/JIAPTR.2013.05.25.505
- Effects of Coordinative Locomotor Training Program on Low Extremity Strength, Balance and Quality of Life in Patients with Cancer: Single-Subject Design vol.12, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2017.12.4.47