- Volume 11 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Care-giver Satisfaction of Language Therapy in Children with a Diagnosis of Autism
자폐 장애 아동 보호자의 언어치료 교육 서비스 만족도에 대한 실태조사
- 김정완 (부산가톨릭대학교 언어청각치료학과)
- Received : 2010.10.21
- Accepted : 2011.01.17
- Published : 2011.03.28
This study was conducted to determine the degree of satisfaction and the demand for the current education service of language therapy. We surveyed a total of fifty two nurturers of children who had been diagnosed as autistic. A three-part questionnaire that covered the environment of the therapy institution (7 questions), the programs provided by the Speech-Language Pathologist (7 questions) and the degree of satisfaction and the demand for therapy education (7 questions) was used. The study results showed, in the area of the institution environment for therapy education, that the degree of satisfaction was highest for Social Welfare Center users due to the therapy costs. The level of satisfaction then decreased in the order of private clinic users and general hospital users. However, in the area of education programs provided by Speech-Language Pathologists, it was highest for the users of general hospitals due to the proper contents of the programs and consulting service. The satisfaction level then decreased in the order of private clinic users and Social Welfare Center users. Regarding the level of satisfaction with therapy education and related demand, the degree of satisfaction with language therapy and all therapy education services was generally satisfactory. After the language therapy, the children showed considerable improvement in their living skills (60% of survey respondents) and psychological stability (stress reduction, 30% of the total survey respondents). Regarding the future demand for therapy education, the degree of demand was high for the individual and group language therapy education service. In summary, the results of this study uncovered a number of problems related to services provided by language therapy education institutions and suggested various implications that Speech-Language Pathologists and relevant professionals should endeavor to use so as to enhance the satisfaction level of therapy education for autistic children.
Pervasive Developmental Disorders;Diagnosis;Therapy;Care-giver Satisfaction
- 이종숙, 조희정, "고기능 자폐아동을 위한 또래리더 경험 게임 놀이 프로그램 개발 및 효과", 한국심리학회지:발달, 제21권, 제1호, pp.113-115, 2008.
- L. Kanner, "Autistic disturbances of affective contact," Nervous Child, Vol.2, pp.217-250, 1943.
- 홍강의, "자폐 장애: 본질과 개념변천에 관한 고찰", 소년청소년정신의학, 제4권, 제1호, pp.3-26, 1993.
- 양문봉, 자폐스펙트럼장애. 도서출판 자폐연구, 2000.
- P. A. Filipek, P. J. Accardo, G. T. Baranek, "The screening diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorders," J Autism Dev Disord, Vol.29, No.6, pp.439-484, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021943802493
- S. T. Potgieter and J. P. Fryns, "The neurobiology of autism," Genet Couns, Vol.10, No.2, pp.117-122, 1999.
- 최재성, "98 장애인 복지관 운영평가 프로그램 개발 연구", 연세대학교 사회복지연구원, 1998.
- 김수진, 이수향, "언어치료 임상실습 교육모형 개발 및 적용", 언어청각장애연구, 제14권, 제4호, pp.353-380, 2010.
- P. Howlin and A. Moore, "Diagnosis of autism. A survey of over 1200 patients in the UK," Autism, Vol.1, No.2, pp.135-162, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/1362361397012003
- T. Chairman, "Autism and pervasive developmental disorders," Curr Opin Neurol, Vol.12, pp.55-159, 1999.
- 임호찬, "치료적 미술교육이 자폐아동의 인지기능에 미치는 효과", 발달장애학회지, 제10권, 제2호, pp.27-42, 2006.
- 이점조, 김영근, 여광응, "다양한 리듬악기 놀이 활동이 자폐성아동의 학습참여행동과 상동행동에 미치는 효과", 발달장애학회지, 제10권, 제1호, pp.1-21, 2006.
- 조정연, "악기놀이 활동이 자폐성 장애아동의 학습참여와 상동행동에 미치는 효과", 발달장애학회지, 제13권, 제2호, pp.27-52, 2009.
- A. K. Leung and C. P. Kao, "Evaluation and management of the child with speech delay," American Family Physician, Vol.59, pp.3121-3135, 1999.
- F. R. Volkmar, "Diagnosed with autism about 6 month ago," J Autism Dev Disord, Vol.29, pp.509-510, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022252004310