- Volume 37 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Static behavior of Kiewitt6 suspendome
- Li, Kena (Department of Civil Engineering, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics) ;
- Huang, Dahai (Department of Civil Engineering, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics)
- Received : 2010.03.31
- Accepted : 2010.10.13
- Published : 2011.02.10
As a new type of large-span space structure, suspendome is composited of the upper single-layer reticulated shell and the lower cable-strut system. It has better mechanical properties compared to single-layer reticulated shell, and the overall stiffness of suspendome structure increases greatly due to the prestress of cable. Consequently, it can cross a larger span reasonably, economically and grandly with high rigidity, good stability and simple construction. For a better assessment of the advantages of mechanical characteristic of suspendome quantitatively, the static behavior of Kiewitt6 suspendome was studied by using finite element method, and ADINA was the software application to implement the analysis. By studying a certain suspendome, the internal forces, deformation and support constrained forces of the structure were obtained in this paper. Furthermore, the influences of parameters including prestress, stay bar length, cross-sectional area and rise-to-span ratio were also discussed. The results show that the increase of prestress and vertical stay bar length can improve the stiffness of suspendome; Cross-sectional area has nearly no impact on the static behavior, and the rise-to-span ratio is the most sensitive parameter.
- Chen, Z.H. (2004), "Analysis on structural system and structural properties of the suspendome system", J. Build. Struct., 34(5), 38-41.
- Cui, X.Q. and Guo, Y.L. (2003), "Elastic ultimate capacity of Kiewitt suspendome", J. Build. Struct., 24(1), 74-79.
- Dou, K.L. (2004), Stability Analysis of Kiewitt Suspendome and Static Tests Researches of Suspendome; Master Degree Thesis, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China.
- Fu, F. (2005), "Structural behavior and design methods of Tensegrity domes". J. Constr. Steel Res., 61, 23-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2004.06.004
- Fu, F. (2006), "Non-linear static analysis and design of Tensegrity domes", Steel Compos. Struct., 6(5), 417-433. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2006.6.5.417
- Han, Q. and Liu, X. (2002), "Behavior of a single layer spherical dome with openings and large depth-to-span ratio", Adv. Struct. Eng., 5(3), 137-142. https://doi.org/10.1260/136943302760228086
- Kang, W.J., Chen, Z.H. and Lam, H.F. (2003), "Analysis and design of the general and outmost-ring stiffened suspen-dome structures", Comput. Struct., 25(13), 1685-169.
- Kawaguchi, M. and Abe, M. (1999), "Design tests and realization of 'suspendome' system", J. IASS, 40(131), 179-192.
- Kitipornchai, S., Kang, W.J. and Lam, H.F. (2005), "Factors affecting the design and construction of Lamella suspen-dome systems", J. Constr. Steel Res., 61(6), 764-785. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2004.12.007
- Saka, M.P. (2007), "Optimum topological design of geometrically nonlinear single layer latticed domes using coupled genetic algorithm", Comput. Struct., 85(21-22), 1635-1646. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2007.02.023
- Satria, E. and Kato, S. (2008), "Study on dynamic behavior of a new type of two-way single layer lattice dome with nodal eccentricity", Steel Compos. Struct., 8(6), 511-530. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2008.8.6.511
- Shen, Z.Y. and Chen, Y.Y (1997), The Grid and Reticulated Shell Structure, Tongji University Press, Shanghai.
- Tatemichi, I., Hatato, T., Anma, Y. and Fujiwara, S. (1997), "Vibration tests on a full-size suspen-dome structure", Int. J. Space Struct., 12(3-4), 217-224. https://doi.org/10.1177/026635119701200310
- Tian, G. (2001), "The theoretical analysis and practical application research of suspen-dome", Master Degree Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Tianjin University.
- Yin, D.N. and Liu, S.W. (1996), Design of Reticulated Shell Structure, China Architecture and Building Press, Beijing.
- Zhang, C.Y. (2003), "Theoretical analysis of suspendome", Master Thesis, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China.
- Zhang, M.S. and Dong, S.L. (2004), "Distribution of initial pre-stress and stability analysis of suspendome", J. Spatial Struct., 10(2), 8-12.
- Zhang, M.S. (2004), "Theoretical research on suspendome", Ph.D. Thesis, Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, China.
- 肋环人字型索穹顶主动控制试验研究 vol.19, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1631/jzus.A1700228