- Volume 24 Issue 2
In a large scale survey, cluster sampling design in which a set of observation units called clusters are selected is often used to satisfy practical restrictions on time and cost. Especially, a two stage cluster sampling design is preferred when a strong intra-class correlation exists among observation units. The sample Primary Sampling Unit(PSU) and Secondary Sampling Unit(SSU) size for a two stage cluster sample is determined by the survey cost and precision of the estimator calculated. For this study, we derive the optimal sample PSU and SSU size when the population SSU size across the PSU are di erent by extending the result obtained under the assumption that all PSU have the same number of SSU. The results on the sample size are then applied to the
Two-stage cluster sampling;Primary Sampling Unit(PSU);Secondary Sampling Unit(SSU);sample size;Korea Hospital Discharge Survey
- 박진우, 이계오 (2007). <원화자조사 표본 보정 및 가중치 산출, 최종보고서>, 질병관리본부.
- Cochran, W. G. (1977). Sampling Techniques, 3rd ed, John Willey & Sons, New York.
- Fuller, W. A. (1975). Regression analysis for sample surveys, Sankhya C, 37, 117-132.
- Khan, M. G. M., Chand, M. A. and Ahmad, N. (2006). Optimum allocation in two-stage and stratified two-stage sampling for multivariate surveys, American Statistical Association, proceeding of the Survey Research Methods.
- Koch, G. G. (1967). A procedure to estimate the population mean in random effect models, Technometrics, 9, 577-585. https://doi.org/10.2307/1266196
- Richard, K. B. and Robert, L. S. Jr. (1979). Variance estimation based on a superpopulation model in two-stage sampling, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 74, 438-440. https://doi.org/10.2307/2286350
- Royall, R. M. (1976). The linear least-squares prediction approach to two-stage sampling, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 71, 657-664. https://doi.org/10.2307/2285596
- Sharon, L. L. (2010). Sampling: Design and Analysis, 2nd ed, Brooks/Cole, Boston.
Supported by : 한국연구재단