- Volume 7 Issue 1
A new power control algorithm for wireless communication which can be applied to various near distance communications and USN/RFID systems is proposed. This technique has been applied and tested to lithium coin battery operated UHF/microwave transceiver systems to show extremely long communication life time without battery exchange. The power control algorithm is based on the dynamic prediction method of arrival time for incoming packet at the receiver. We obtain 16mA current consumption in the TX module and 20mA current consumption in the RX module. The advantage provided by this method compared to others is that both master transceiver and slave transceiver can be low power consumption system.
low power algorithm;synchronization;dynamic prediction method
- J. Hill and D. Culler, “Mica: a wireless platform for deeply embedded networks” IEEE Micro, vol. 22, no. 6, Nov-Dec 2002, pp. 12–24. https://doi.org/10.1109/MM.2002.1134340
- Harte. S, O'Flynn. B, Martinez-Catrala. R. V, Popovici. E. M, “Design and implementation of a miniaturised, low power wireless sensor node” in Proc. 18th European Conf. Circuit Theory and Design, 2007, pp. 894–897. https://doi.org/10.1109/ECCTD.2007.4529741
- J. Polastre, R.Szewczyk, and D. Culler, “Telos: enabling ultra-low power wireless research” in Proc. 4th Int. Symp. Information Processing in Sensor Networks, 2005, pp. 370-375.
- C. Park and P.H. Chou, “Eco: An ultra-compact low power wireless sensor node for real-time motion monitoring” in Proc. Int. Workshop on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks, 2006, pp. 162-165.
- J. Barton et al., “A miniaturised modular platform for wireless sensor networks” in Proc. European Conf. on Circuit Theory and Design, 2005, vol. 3, pp. 35-38. https://doi.org/10.1109/ECCTD.2005.1523054
- T Torfs, S. Sanders, C. Winters, S. Brebels, and C. Van Hoof, “Wireless network of autonomous environmental sensors” in Proc. IEEE Sensors, 2004, pp. 923-926. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICSENS.2004.1426322
- M. Ouwerkerk, F. Pasveer, and N. Engin, “SAND: a modular application development platform for miniature wireless sensors” in Proc. Int. Workshop on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks, 2006, pp. 166-170. https://doi.org/10.1109/BSN.2006.47
- Murali. D, Ida. N, “A sampling method for reduction of power in battery operated receivers” in 11th Int. Conf. on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment, 2008, pp. 47–50. https://doi.org/10.1109/OPTIM.2008.4602497
- X. Shi, G. Stromberg, Y. Gsottberger, and T. Sturm, “Wake-Up-Frame Scheme for Ultra Low Power Wireless Transceivers” in Proc. GLOBECOM, 2004, pp. 3619-3623. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2004.1379044
- A. El-Hoiydi, “Aloha with preamble sampling for sporadic traffic in ad hoc wireless sensor networks” in ICC. CSEM SA, 2002, pp.3418-3423. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2002.997465
- A. El-Hoiydi, J.-D.Decotignie, C. Enz, and E. Roux, “Poster abstract: Wisemac, an ultra low power mac protocol for the wisenet wireless sensor network” in SenSys. CSEM SA, 2003, pp.302-303.
- A. El-Hoiydi, J.-D.Decotignie, C. Enz, and E. Roux, “Poster abstract: Wisemac, an ultra low power mac protocol for the wisenet wireless sensor network” in SenSys. CSEM SA, 2003, pp.302-303. https://doi.org/10.1145/958491.958531
- A. El-Hoiydi and J.-D.Decotignie, “Wisemac: An ultra low power mac protocol for the downlink of infrastructure wireless sensor networks” in ISCC. CSEM SA, 2004, pp.244-251. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCC.2004.1358412
- T. F. Fuller, M. Doyle, J. Newman, “Simulation and Optimization of the Dual Lithium Ion Insertion Cell” Journal of Electrochem. Soc., vol. 141, no. 4, Apr. 1994,pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2054684
- C. F. Chiasserini and R. R. Rao, “Pulsed battery discharge in communication devices” in Proc. Mobicom 99, Seattle, 1999, pp.88-95. https://doi.org/10.1145/313451.313488
- T. Simunic, L. Benini, G. De Micheli, “Energy-Efficient Design of Battery-Powered Embedded Systems” in Proc. Int. Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design, 1999, pp 212-217. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPE.1999.145046
- Sung Park, Savvides. A., Srivastava. M. B., “Battery capacity measurement and analysis using lithium coin cell battery” in Proc. Int. Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design, 2001, pp 382-387. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPE.2001.945436
- Panasonic Lithium Coin Data Sheet: http://industrial.panasonic.com/wwwcgi/jvcr13pz.cgi?E+BA+3+AAA4003+CR2450+7+WW
- C. S. Park, Chou. P. H, Ying Bai, Matthews. R, Hibbs. A, “An ultra-wearable, wireless, low power ECG monitoring system” in BioCAS, 2006, pp 241-244. https://doi.org/10.1109/BIOCAS.2006.4600353
- Y. S. Choi, N. H. Chang, T. H. Kim, “DC-DC converteraware power management for battery-operated embedded systems” in 42nd Proc. Conf. on Design Automation, 2005, pp.895-900. https://doi.org/10.1109/DAC.2005.193942