- Volume 10 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Establishment of "A-PPNS", A Navigation System for Regenerating the Software Development Business
- Sakai, Hirotake ;
- Waji, Yoshihiro ;
- Nakamura, Mari ;
- Amasaka, Kakuro
- Received : 2011.01.22
- Accepted : 2011.02.21
- Published : 2011.03.01
Currently, knowledge within the field of software development is largely implicit and is not formally disseminated and shared. This means that there is little improvement and regeneration of processes, and knowledge gained from previous projects is not necessarily applied to new ones. In order to turn this situation around it is necessary to take an organized approach to sharing job-related information. For this study, the authors constructed "Amalab-Project Planning Navigation System, or A-PPNS", a system for organizing accumulated knowledge related to the field of software development. More specifically, A-PPNS is a business process monitoring system and consists of the following four elements: (i) Optimized estimate support subsystem, (ii) Schedule monitoring system, (iii) QCD optimization diagnostic system, and (iv) Strategic technology accumulation system. The effectiveness of this system has been demonstrated and verified at Company A, a system integration company.
Project Management;Software Development;Software Estimation;Strategic Technology Accumulation;"Amalab-Project Planning Navigation System, A-PPNS"
- Nakamura, M., Yamaji, M., and Amasaka, K. (2008), Study of Approach Method for a Navigation System in Development Design Business, Proceedings of The 38th Annual Conference of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, 161-164(in Japanese).
- Otsuka, H. (2008), System Development Methodology making Effective Use of Intellectual Property, Unisys Technology Review, Nihon Unisys Ltd., 28, 3-14(in Japanese).
- Pendharkar, P. and Rodger, J. (2009), The Relationship between Software Development Team Size and Software Development Cost, Communications of the ACM-Rural engineering development, 52, 141-144.
- Yoshikawa, H. and Taura, T. (1997), New Engineering Knowledge-Essence of Technology Knowledge, A Nature of the Context and the Creativity-, Publish Association of University of Tokyo, 161-188(in Japanese).
- Kato, K. (2007), Study of a Process Visualization for Research Business, A Thesis for Master's Degree Amasaka-laboratory of Aoyama Gakuin University (in Japanese).
- Kanuma, Y., Suzuki, Y., Ishizuka, N., and Kato, T. (2006), Establishment of a Visualization System of Quality Information, Proceedings of The 36th Annual Conference of the Japanese Society for Quality Control.
- Kubota, A., Okada, K., Sekiguchi, K., and Imanoya, F. (2005), A Case of Business Process Innovation for Product Development in Semiconductor and Integrated Circuit Business, Journal of the Society of Project Management, 7, 38-43.
- Mittas, N. and Angelis, L. (2010), Visual Comparison of Software Cost Estimation Models by Regression Error Characteristic Analysis, Journal of Systems and Software, 83, 621-637. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2009.10.044
- Miwa, S. (2005), Study of Appraisal Standard Model, Considering the Quality and the Price, A Thesis for Master's Degree Amasaka-laboratory of Aoyama Gakuin University(in Japanese).
- Amasaka, K. (2007), New japan model-"Science TQM": Theory and practice for strategic quality management, Study group of the ideal situation: the quality management of the manufacturing industry, Maruzen, 207-224 (in Japanese).
- Amasaka, K. (2005), Constructing a Customer Science Application System "CS-CIANS"-Development of a Global Strategic Vehicle "Lexus" Utilizing New JIT-, WSEAS Transactions on Business and Economics, 2, 135-142.
- Changa, C. K., Jianga, H., Dib, Y., Zhuc, D., and Ged, Y. (2008), Time-line Based Model for Software Project Scheduling with Genetic Algorithms, Information and Software Technology, 50, 1142-1154. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2008.03.002
- Galorath, D. D. and Evans, M. W. (2008), Software Sizing, Estimation, and Risk Management, Auerbach Publications.
- Hericko, M. and Zivkovica, A. (2008), The Size and Effort Estimates in Iterative Development, Information and Software Technology, 50, 772-781. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2007.08.005
- Hericko, M., Zivkovica, A., and Rozmana, I. (2008), An Approach to Optimizing Software Development Team Size, Information Processing Letters, 108, 101-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ipl.2008.04.014
- Afsharian, S. and Giacomobono, M. (2008), A Framework for Software Project Estimation based on Cosmic, Dsm and Rework Characterization, Proceedings of the 1st international workshop on Business impact of process improvements, 15-23.