- Volume 60 Issue 6
This paper proposes a new loss minimization control method for the vector controlled induction motors. The aim of the proposed loss minimization method is how to determine the optimal flux reference to minimize the total loss of induction motor. Even though the proposed algorithm is based on the equivalent circuit of induction motor including iron loss and leakage inductance, the algorithm is easy to be found and simple to be implemented. Futhermore, the proposed loss minimization algorithm can be applied easily to the traditional vector control system without any additional hardware. Simulation and experimental results are given to validate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
- D. S. Kirschen, D. W. Novotny, and T. A. Lipo, "On-line efficiency optimization of a variable frequency induction motor drive", IEEE Trans. Ind. App., vol.IA-21, no. 4, pp. 610-616, May/Jun. 1985. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1985.349717
- Jae Ho Chang and Byung Kook Kim, "Minimum-time minimum-loss speed control of induction motors under field-oriented control", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 44, no. 6 pp. 809-815, Dec. 1997.
- G. O. Garcia, J. C. Mendes Luis, R. M. Stephan, and E. H. Watanbe, "An efficient controller for an adjustable speed induction motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 535-539, Oct. 1994.
- S. Lim and K. Nam, "Loss-minimising control scheme for induction motors," Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng., vol. 151, no. 4, pp. 385-397, Jul. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-opt:20040870
- M. N. Uddin and S. W. Nam, "New online loss-minimization-based control of an induction motor drive", IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 926-933, Mar. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.915029
- Peter Vas, Vector Control of AC Machines, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1990.
- D. W. Novotny, and T. A. Lipo, "Vector Control and Dynamics of AC Drives", Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1996.