- Volume 60 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Waist Pressure Using Electroencephalogram(EEG) Signal
뇌파를 이용한 허리 압박감 평가 기술
- Received : 2011.05.13
- Accepted : 2011.05.20
- Published : 2011.06.01
This paper presents a waist pressure evaluation method in human sensibility using a electroencephalogram(EEG) signal. For this objective, a size-controllable waist-belt is used. First of all, EEG signals for relaxed state are acquired. Then, the waist-belt of the subject is tightened about 90% of normal state. After a few minutes, the belt of the subject is released. Some necessary preprocessing is performed on the acquired signals, Linear Prediction (LP) coefficients are utilized as the feature parameters extracting the characteristics of EEG signal, and a multi-layer neural network is used for indicating the state of body pressure. The results of the method showed 77.2% of coincidence with body pressure states. This may be compromising results for ssubject-independent sensibility evaluation using EEG signal.
- R. J. Davidson, "Anterior cerebral asymmetry and the nature of emotion", Brain and Cognition, vol. 20, pp. 125-151, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0278-2626(92)90065-T
- T. Yoshida, "The estimation of mental stress by 1/f frequency fluctuation of EEG", Brain topography, pp.771-777, 1998.
- T. Musha, Y. Terasaki, H. A. Haque, and G. A. Ivanisky, "Feature extraction from EEGs associated with emotions", Intl. Sympo. Artif. Life Robotics (Invited Paper), vol.1, pp.15-19, 1997.
- C. W. Anderson and Z. Sijercic, "Classification of EEG signals from four subjects during five mental tasks", In Solving Engineering Problems with Neural Networks : Proceedings of the Conference on Engineering Applications in Neural Networks(EANN), pp.407-414, 1996.
- 임재중, 손진훈, 강대임, "뇌파의 시간-주파수 분석을 통한 피부감성평가", 97한국감성과학회 연차학술대회논문집, 1997 Nov., 1997, pp.90-93.
- 이상한, 김동준, "성격 그룹의 템플릿을 이용한 뇌파의 감성 평가 기술에 관한 연구", 대한전기학회 하계학술대회 논문집, D권, pp. 2801-2803, 2003.
- J. D. Markel and A. H. Gray, Jr., Linear prediction of Speech, Springer-Verlag․Berlin Heidelberg․New York, 1980.
- S. J. Orfanidis, Optimum Signal Processing : An Introduction, 2nd ed., Macmillan Publishing Co., 1988.
- C. W. Anderson, "Effects of variations in neural network topology and output averaging on the discrimination of mental tasks from spontaneous electroencephalogram", Journal of Intelligent system, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 423-431. 1997.
- Effects of 3D Compression Suits on EEG Analysis during and after Walking vol.38, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.4.440