- Volume 60 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Target Tracking of the Wheeled Mobile Robot using the Combined Visual Servo Control Method
혼합 비주얼 서보 제어 기법을 이용한 이동로봇의 목표물 추종
- Received : 2010.12.10
- Accepted : 2011.04.20
- Published : 2011.06.01
This paper proposes a target tracking algorithm for wheeled mobile robots using in various fields. For the stable tracking, we apply a vision system to a mobile robot which can extract targets through image processing algorithms. Furthermore, this paper presents an algorithm to position the mobile robot at the desired location from the target by estimating its relative position and attitude. We show the problem in the tracking method using the Position-Based Visual Servo(PBVS) control, and propose a tracking method, which can achieve the stable tracking performance by combining the PBVS control with Image-Based Visual Servo(IBVS) control. When the target is located around the outskirt of the camera image, the target can disappear from the field of view. Thus the proposed algorithm combines the control inputs with of the hyperbolic form the switching function to solve this problem. Through both simulations and experiments for the mobile robot we have confirmed that the proposed visual servo control method is able to enhance the stability compared to of the method using only either PBVS or IBVS control method.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- A. K. Das, R. Fierro, V. Kumar, J. P. Ostrowski, J. Spletzer, and C. J. Taylor, "A vision-based formation control framework," IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, vol. 18, no. 5, 2002.
- S. Hutchinson, G. Hager, and P. Corke, "A tutorial on visual servo control," IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation, vol. 12, pp. 651-670, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.538972
- E. Malis, "Visual servoing invariant to changes in camera intrinsic parameters," IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision, pp. 704-709, Canada, 2001.
- P. I. Corke and S. A. Hutchinson, "A new hybrid image-based visual servo control scheme," IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, vol. 3, pp. 2521-2526, Australia, 2000.
- D. Fioravanti, B. Allotta, and A. Rindi, "Image based visual servoing for robot positioning tasks," Meccanica, vol. 43, no. 3, 291-305, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11012-007-9095-1
- L. Freda and G. Oriolo, "Vision-based interception of a moving target with a nonholonomic mobile robot," Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 419-432, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2007.02.001
- S. Kim, S. Oh, "Hybrid Position Based Visual Servoing for mobile robots," Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, vol. 18, pp. 73-82, 2007.
- J.M. Toibero, C.M. Soria, F. Roberti, R. Carelli, P. Carelli, "Switching visual servoing approach for stable corridor navigation," Int. Conf. Advanced Robotics, 2009.
- H. Kato and M. Billinghurst. "Marker tracking and HMD calibration for a video-based augmented reality conferencing system," In Proc. the 2nd IEEE and ACM International Workshop on Augmented Reality, pp. 85-94, 1999.
- M. Fiala, "ARTag, A Fiducial Marker System using Digital Techniques," IEEE Proc. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 2, pp. 590-596, 2005.
- Z. Zhang, "a flexible new technique for camera calibration," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1330-1334, 2000.
- J. Heikkilä, "Geometric Camera Calibration Using Circular Control Points," IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1066-1077, 2000 https://doi.org/10.1109/34.879788
- M.M.Y. Chang and K.H. Wong, "Model reconstruction and pose acquisition using extended Lowe's method," IEEE Trans. Multimedia, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 253-260, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2005.843344
- H. Araujo, R.J. Carceroni, and C.M. Brown, "A fully projective formulation to improve the accuracy of lowe's pose-estimation algorithm," Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 227-238, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1006/cviu.1997.0632
- R. Siegwart and I. R. Nourbakhsh, Autonomous Mobile Robot, The MIT Press, 2004.