- Volume 60 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Operational Characteristics of Transformer-Type SFCL with or without Neutral Line between the Secondary windings and Superconducting units
2차 권선과 초전도 사이의 중성선 유무에 따른 변압기형 초전도 한류기의 동작특성
- Received : 2011.03.11
- Accepted : 2011.05.13
- Published : 2011.06.01
The study on power capacity increase of superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL) is one of the most important researches to apply a SFCL in the power system. To achieve this, we thought that the unbalanced quenching problem generated in series connection of superconducting units should be solved. In this paper, we investigated the quenching characteristics of superconducting units in the transformer-type SFCL with or without the neutral line between secondary windings and superconducting units. In case of transformer-type SFCL without neutral line, the connection structure of superconducting units is identical to that of the resistive-type SFCL connected in series. Therefore, the unbalanced quenching was occurred by difference of critical current between superconducting units. However, in case of transformer-type SFCL with neutral line, the superconducting units with different critical current were simultaneously quenched. It was because the currents induced by secondary winding were separately flowed through the superconducting units. By these results, we confirmed that the resistances and consumption powers of the superconducting units were equally generated.
- M. Noe, K. P. Juengst, F. N. Werfel, S. Elschner, J. Bock, F. Breuer, and R. Kreutz, "Testing bulk HTS modules for resistive superconducting fault current limiters," IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconduct., vol. 13, pp. 1976-1979, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2003.812953
- R. Kreutz, J. Bock, F. Breuer, K. P. Juengst, M. Kleimaier, H.-U. Klein, D. Krischel, M. Noe, R. Steingass, and K. H. Weck, "System technology and test of curl 10, a 10 kV, 10 MVA resistive high-Tc superconducting fault current limiter," IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconduct., vol. 15, pp. 1961-1964, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2005.849345
- H. S. Choi, B. I. Jung, and Y. S. Cho, "Transient Characteristics of a Flux-Coupling Type Superconducting Fault Current Limiter According to Winding Direction," IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconduct., vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 1827-1830, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2009.2017836
- Y. S. Cho, and H. S. Choi, "The current limiting effects of a matrix-type SFCL according to the variations of designed parameters in the trigger and current-limiting parts," Physica C, vol. 468, pp. 2054-2058, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physc.2008.05.125
- H. S. Choi, S. H. Lim, D. C. Chung, B. S. Han, O. B. Hyun, T. H. Sung, and J. S. Hwang, "Influence of a voltage compensation type active superconducting fault current limiter on the transient stability of power system," IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconduct., vol. 16, pp. 2035-2038, 2005.
- L. Chen, Y. J. Tang, J. Shi, N. Chen, M. Song, S. J. Cheng, Y. Hub, X. S. Chen, "Electromagnetic Characteristics Analysis of Air-Core Transformer Used in Voltage Compensation Type Active SFCL," Physica C, vol. 469, pp. 1760-1764, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physc.2009.05.143
- O. B. Hyun, K. B. Park, J. w. Sim, H. R. Kim, S. W. Yim, and I. S. Oh, "Introduction of a Hybrid SFCL in KEPCO Grid and Local Points at Issue," IEEE Trans. Appl. Superconduct., vol. 19, pp. 1946-1949, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2009.2018256
- 이상봉, 김철환, 김규호, 김재철, 현옥배, "비대칭 고장 전류에 따른 초전도 한류기 동작분석", 대한전기학회논문지, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 450-454, 2009.
- 김성열, 김욱원, 김진오, "저항형 초전도 한류기의 신뢰도 모델을 적용한 배전계통 신뢰도 평가에 관한 연구", 대한전기학회 논문지, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 465-470, 2011.
- Characteristics of the SFCL by turn-ratio of three-phase transformer vol.15, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9714/psac.2013.15.4.034