- Volume 14 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Some Theoretical Considerations in Body Tide Calculation
고체지구조석계산에 있어 몇 가지 이론적 고찰
- Na, Sung-Ho (Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute) ;
- Shin, Young-Hong (Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources) ;
- Baek, Jeong-Ho (Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute)
- Received : 2011.01.05
- Accepted : 2011.03.17
- Published : 2011.05.28
The largest terms in the solid Earth body tide calculation are second degree spherical harmonic components due to the moon or the sun, and they compose about 98 percent of total contribution. Each degree harmonics of the tidal perturbation should be evaluated through multiplication with distinct Love numbers or their combinations. Correct evaluation of these terms in gravity tide is considered with re-calculated Love numbers. Frequency dependence of Love numbers for spherical harmonic tide upon the order number is discussed. Tidal displacement and tidally induced deviation of the vertical are also evaluated. Essential concepts underlying the body tide calculation are briefly summarized.
- Jackson, J. D., 1999, Classical Electrodynamics 3rd Ed., John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Kennett, B. L. N. and Engdahl, E. R., 1991, Traveltimes for global earthquake location and phase identification, Geophys. J. Int., 105, 429-465. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-246X.1991.tb06724.x
- Kudryavtsev, S. M., 2004, Improved harmonic development of the Earth tide-generating potential, J. Geod., 77, 829-838. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00190-003-0361-2
- Melchior, P., 1978, The Tides of the Planet Earth, Pergamon Press, N.Y.
- Meeus, J., 1988, Astronomical Formulae for Calculators 4th Ed., Willmann-Bell Inc.
- Na, S.-H. and Moon, W., 2010, Analysis of Earth Tide as a Whole-Earth Forced Oscillation and Its Computation, J. Korean Phys. Soc., 56, 1866-1872 and its Erratum Notice. https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.56.1866
- Seidelmann, K., 1992, Explanatory Supplement to the Astronomical Almanac, University Science Books.
- Tamura, Y., 1982, A computer program for calculating the tide generating force, Publication of the International Latitude Observatory, Mizusawa, 16, 1-19.