- Volume 24 Issue 6
Buffeting Analysis for the Evaluation of Design Force for Temporal Supports of a Bundle Type Cable-stayed Bridge
번들 사장교 가설 구조물 설계력 산정을 위한 버페팅해석
- Received : 2011.10.28
- Accepted : 2011.11.21
- Published : 2011.12.31
Temporal supports is proposed for the large block construction of a double-deck truss girder of a bundle type cable-stayed bridge. The design force of the temporal bents cannot be evaluated by a conventional design procedure with gust factored static wind loads. The uplift forces in BS5400 also can not estimate the design forces of the temporal bents properly for the turbulent wind loads. A frequency-domain buffeting analysis is performed to evaluate the design forces of the temporal bents considering the interactions between the girder and temporal supports. Two cases of modeling are compared to estimate the stiffness contribution of temporal supports in determining design forces, i.e., an analysis model including temporal bents in the structural analysis modeling and an analysis model with fixed supports at the bent tops neglecting the stiffness of temporal bents. The consideration of bent stiffness usually generates smaller reaction forces than rigid support modeling. Consequently, the effectiveness and usefulness of the buffeting analysis procedure with full modeling of temporal supports are demonstrated for the design of a temporal bents of the construction of a bundle type cable-stayed bridge.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- 대한토목학회 (2006) 케이블강교량설계지침.
- Chen, X.Z., Matsumoto, M., Kareem, A. (2000) Time Domain Flutter and Buffeting Response Analysis of Bridges, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, 126(1), pp.7-16. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2000)126:1(7)
- Choi, S.W., Kim, H.K. (2008) Design of Aerodynamic Stabilizing Cables for a Cable-Stayed Bridge, Wind and Structures, 11(5), pp.391-411. https://doi.org/10.12989/was.2008.11.5.391
- Davenport, A.G. (1962) Buffeting of a Suspension Bridge by Storm Winds, Journal of Structural Division, ASCE,, 88(ST3), pp.233-268.
- Kim W.J., Cho K.S. (2005) The Design and Construction of Geogeum Grand Bridge, The third International Symposium and Steel Structures, Seoul, Korea.
- Ljung, L. (1999) System Identification: Theory for the User (2nd ed.), Prentice-Hall PTR, NEW Jersey p.609.
- Iwamoto, M., Fujino, Y. (1995) Identification of Flutter Derivatives of Bridge Deck from Free Vibration Data, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 54/55, pp.55-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(94)00029-D
- Park, D.U., Kim, N.S., Kim, H.K. (2010) Damping Properties Identified from Wind-Induced Vibration Measurements of a Suspension Bridge, The Fifth International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management, Philadelphia, USA.
- Rogers, A.L., Rogers, J.W., Manwell, J.F. (2005) Comparison of the Performance of Four Measure- Correlate-Predict Algorithms, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 93, pp.243-264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jweia.2004.12.002
- Scanlan, R.H. (1978) The Action of Flexible Bridge under Wind, II: Buffeting Theory, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 60(2), pp.201-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(78)80029-7
- Simiu, E., Scalnlan, R.H. (1996) Wind Effects on Structures Third Edition, John Wiley & sons, New York, p.688.
- Xu, Y.L., Sun, D.K., Ko, J.M., Lin, J.H. (2000) Fully Coupled Buffeting Analysis of Tsing Ma Suspensin Bridge, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 85(1), pp.97-117. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6105(99)00133-6