- Volume 35 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Sound-Insulation Design of Aluminum Extruded Panel in Next-Generation High-Speed Train
차세대 고속철도 차량용 알루미늄 압출재의 차음 설계
- Kim, Seock-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, Kangwon Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Seo, Tae-Gun (Dept. of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, Kangwon Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jeong-Tae (Dept. of Mechanical and System Design Engineering, Hongik Univ.) ;
- Song, Dal-Ho (Dept. of Railway Vehicle System Engineering, Woosong Univ)
- 김석현 (강원대학교 기계.메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 서태건 (강원대학교 기계.메카트로닉스공학과) ;
- 김정태 (홍익대학교 기계시스템디자인공학과) ;
- 송달호 (우송대학교 철도차량 시스템학과)
- Received : 2010.12.07
- Accepted : 2011.02.15
- Published : 2011.05.01
Aluminum extruded panels are widely used instead of corrugated steel panels for weight reduction in high-speed trains. Of the layers in the train body, it makes the largest contribution to the sound insulation. However, compared with that of a flat panel with the same weight, the TL of the aluminum extruded panel is remarkably lower in the local resonance frequency band. We study aluminum extruded panels for next-generation 400-km/h trains. We investigate the problem of sound insulation and propose a practical method to improve the sound-insulation performance. The local resonance frequency region is increased by a modification of the core structure, and urethane foam is placed in the core. The effect on the sound insulation is verified by experiments. Finally, the improvement for the entire sound-transmission loss is estimated for the layered floor panels of express trains.
- Windle, R. M. and Lam, Y. W., 1993, "Prediction of the Sound Reduction of Profiled Metal Cladding," Inter-Noise'93, Vol. 2, pp. 999-1002.
- Ng, C. F. and Zheng, H., 1998, "Sound Transmission through Double-leaf Corrugated Panel Construction," Applied Acoustics, Vol. 53(3), pp. 15-34. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-682X(97)00043-1
- Kim, S.H., Jang, H. and Kim, J., 2001, "Characteristics of Local Vibration Modes of the Aluminum Extruded Panels for Rail Road Vehicles," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 4(3), pp. 87-93.
- Kim, S.H., et al., 2000, "Sound Transmission Loss of Aluminum Extruded Panels for Railway Vehicles," Transactions of KSNVE, Vol. 10(4), pp. 662-668.
- Kim, S.H., Paek, I.S., Lee, H. and Kim, J.T., 2008, "Prediction Model of the Sound Transmission Loss of Honeycomb Panels for Railway Vehicles," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 11(5), pp. 465-470.
- Xie, G., Thompson, D.J. and Jones, C.J.C., 2006, "A Modeling Approach for the Vibroacoustic behavior of Aluminum Extrusions Used in Railway vehicles," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 293, pp. 921-932. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2005.12.015
- Thomson, W.T. and Dahleh, M.D., "Theory of Vibration," 5thed., PrenticeHall.
- Park, B., et al., 2010, "Sound Quality Evaluation for Transient Interior Noise of High Speed Train," Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Autumn Conference.
- ASTM E 2249 - 02 : 2003, American Standards for Testing and Materials; Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements Using Sound Intensity, American Standard Association.
- Beranek, L.L. and Ver, I.L., 1992, "Noise and Vibration Control Engineering," John Wiley and Sons, INC., pp. 281-291.
- Kim, S.H., Seo, T.G. and Kim, J.T., 2010, "Improvement Effect of the Sound Insulation Performance of the Corrugated Steel Panel by Sound Absorbing and Damping Materials," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 13(5), pp. 476-480.
- Analysis Sound Insulation Performance of a Corrugated Steel Panel Through Modal Density vol.40, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.12.1061
- Contribution analysis of interior noise and floor vibration in high-speed trains by operational transfer path analysis vol.9, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/1687814017714986